HubSpot Ideas

austinrose

Customize Task Types for Campaign Calendar (Marketing Hub)

In the Marketing Hub, under Planning and Strategy, then on the Calendar portion, you can create a task on the Calendar that is associate with a marketing campaign.

Right now, as a Super Admin, I can only select No Type, Email, Blog, and Landing Page as a "Type" for the task on the calendar.

We would like to use this calendar as our content/marketing calendar and I need to customize this type field so we add in more task Types. Such as, Webinar, Podcast, Interview, Social Post, Blog, etc, etc.

From a marketing perspective, there should be WAY more types of tasks associated with our campaigns to be created and completed in our Hubspot CRM.

The end goal would be to make these task Types editable so we can add more Types that are associated with our marketing tasks.

This is for our Marketing Team. This would add great value as we transition more operations into Hubspot and away from miscellaneous software applications. 

Marketing Calendar.png

27 Replies
SPennwood
Participant

Came here to ask this exact thing - we are looking for additional task categories such as Press Release, Social Media, Web Banners etc.

USC-Steve
Participant

Came looking for the same thing. This seems like a no brainer right?

MHaile

Great idea. How do we get this moving forward, I'd like to use the calendar for additional marketing content.

KHoromia

Agree.. I was looking for the same thing. Whatever HubSpot allows you to do i.e. social posts, media announcements, eDM's - you need to be able to assign as a task type. Would be very very helpful and allow us to use the Content Calendar in a way that would be useful. 

JMutchnik21

Upvote! Custom task types and additional custom category/tags properties on Campaign tasks are very needed!!! Other ideas I will submit:

Rich Text Editor for Task Notes: Needs the ability to structure notes including bullets, hyperlinks, etc, and tag other users would be amazing. 

Document Linking: Ability to link Documents (upload to Hubspot library) to the tasks for review. 

Assign 1-Task to Multiple Users/Commenting Feature: Unlocks the ability to collaborate on tasks and provide feedback. 

Hubspot Campaigns are fantastic and I believe they are on the brink of creating the best marketing project management tool one could ever imagine. 😁

TPetropoulos

Agreed! Not only to add more items but even the abiltiy to edit the Types! This would be a very key feature in order to utilize the calendar for what it is intended.  

ClaudiaAbidar

Hi!

We need this, I hope we can have this option available soon

Thank you

RFitzgerald

I am looking for additonal task types as well, such as Print Ad, Digital Newsletter,HS Workflows etc.. to make the calendar a one stop picture of the annual marketing events. 

pb3

+1

We need this too! 

Press Release, Social Media, Facebook, LinkedIn, Webinar etc

ESchatte

Yes, it would be great to include press releases, video as well as other activities performed by our product marketing team like knowledge base articles, feature write ups, brochures and events such as new feature/product releases.

IForrest

Same thing here! Upvote for WAY more types of Tasks

QMurphy

+1 

This would be super helpful with managing our campaigns 

AndrewDream
Participant

Hello, is there any update to this request or a suitable work-around? Thanks!

CThomas2

I agree! Needs to be a thing

UnlimitedJodie
Member | Diamond Partner

Yes please!

a_mccaffrey
Participant

We would like this functionality, too.

DeBienkowski

+1

Would improve the overview!

vanessahunt
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes, would like the flexibillty to add many types of Task too. 

PvandenHurk

Upvote from here. We definitely need this!

janinel
Participant

Customizable task types - YES!

How about recurring tasks for Marketing tasks? 

How about task status? (customizable list is ideal)

How about custom color options for marketing campaigns?

How about a custom object that allows us to copy the Marketing campaign object for other processes? 

How about a calendar view that we can filter by any property?

The alternate solve for this is basically using the current custom object (which allows us to copy deal functionality for other process), but it is missing a calendar view that allows us to filter by any property.