HubSpot Ideas

TBugh

Custom Task Properties

We want to use "Tasks" more intensively for all sales activities.

We cannot create a user-defined custom Property to build custom columns for our Sales Reps. It would be great to enable this functionality. 

11 Replies
LudmillaGarcia
HubSpot Employee

I also believe this would be great for our customers! I have got thickets about this subject!

DavidGall

Great one, would use this feature too for my team

SMoustakeas

This makes so much sense and would help our team greatly!! I have a hard time understanding how task properties are not more customizable or simply just being able to import contact/company properties that are accessible anywhere else in the CRM.

Shawn401

Agreed, I just need to be able to sort them by first or last name of the contact that the task if for as it seems to be random at the moment.

Jaap04

Definitely something that's lacking, would be great to see it!

SMeyer0
Contributor

We would like custom task properties (or even the ability to edit the current task properties, ex. more or different options in some of the drop downs) to use for project management.  

We created an internal HubSpot Operations ticket pipeline in Service Hub.  I love how we can associate tasks to the ticket, using tickets allows us to get around some of the task limitations and each ticket is used as a 'project' with the tasks associated as the steps to complete the project.  (We pin one note for Planning the project at the top of each ticket).  But it's difficult to create comprehensive reports because of the limited property fields in Tasks.

ARich
Contributor

Yes, custom properties as well and additional access to associated record properties would be great!

Alissatrx

This will be a significant improvement to our workflow if we could access contact properties in the task list. 

DThiede

If we could adjust the Task property menus I would not have to keep exporting to excel to enter better catagories

GSnow7
Participant

yes please

LauGil
Participant | Gold Partner

Hi guys!

Other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Custom-properties-for-Activities-Tasks-Meetings-etc/i...

Please upvote it!