HubSpot Ideas

LY

Conditional Left Sidebar Sections: Control the order they appear in

I'm not sure if this is a feautre request or a bug fix request.

When someone moves section C into the slot between AB and D, I don't want C to be able to occur above A or B or below D on any other deals after that.

Opening another deal and having it arranged as DKLC or CBJ should not be possible.  I want my team to be able to find section C easily next time because they know where they put it in relation to other sections and it will stay there. This way they will eventually have all the sections lined up in the order they want.

When a deal meets the condition for a section, that section should appear in the user's established order so they always know at a glance whether a deal has a certain section or not. Right now when they look for section E, they can't look through the sections in alphabetical order, see that E is missing, and conclude this deal doesn't have a section E. Instead, they always have to look at all sections in the sidebar before concluding that E is not there because they can't predict where E would be located.

Before I enabled conditional sections, when I arranged my deal left sidebar sections in a given order, it applied to all deals. This is what we want to achieve with conditional sections too.

Right now, changes only apply to other deals with the exact same combination of sections enabled. I keep dragging all my deal sections to the order ABCDEF...etc (our default order) but every couple deals I work with, I encounter one with a combination of sections that has not ocurred yet, and none of the arrangement information from other deals has been saved. Even if I have placed C after B on 10 other deals, if this is the first deal that also has section J, then section C might still be out of order in relation to section B.

Another solution that's not as good but still helpful would be allowing the "reset to account defaults" button to apply to the order of sections (not just the properties in "About this deal"). If I could tell everyone to start by clicking that button, that would at least allow them to start from something other than a random order that is different on almost every deal.

1 Reply
CherylR

Yes to this! I wish we could lock down the sidebar section order so it could not be modified by the user, and I wish conditional sections would follow the desired order that is set in the record customization settings. I provide recorded trainings for our users on entering a deal and when a section is not in the same place that it is on the training videos, it instantly creates confusion. Also, the sections are ordered the way they are for a reason so I don't want users to be able to move them around on their end.