HubSpot Ideas

mikee

Calculated Fields Rounding (Allow calculated properties to display a whole number)

The current behavior for calculated properties is to round to two (or more) decimal places. It would be helpful to instead allow results to be rounded to the nearest whole number (an integer) – instead of two decimal places. Even better would be to either round or adjust decimal places up or down like in Excel.

This would allow more flexibility when presenting data as a Report in a Dashboard. Usually in a chart or other visualization showing accuracy down to .01 is unnecessary.

Stated differently, please add the ability to adjust calculated properties to either display a whole number or precisely specify the number of decimal places.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
June 01, 2022 01:11 PM

Hi folks,

I’m Shay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Properties.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that we have reviewed this idea and currently researching how our team will implement it!  

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

Being Reviewed
December 02, 2020 10:13 AM

Hi all, I'm Jeff from the HubSpot product team.

Thanks for this feedback. Improving calculation property functionality is under consideration for upcoming roadmap. No definite timetable or changes yet, but please keep the upvotes and use cases coming. It helps with designing a solution and prioritizing.

Thanks!

jeff

73 Replies
TFolkertsma

This is a needed function to configure roundups after the . or , 

JHolzendorff

Will this be fixed ? Its a nigthmare for our SalesTeam

PSwift

Great news HS are looking into this, reading other related posts, could combibe the other requests to allow users/admins to select how many decimal places the number is rounded up to please?

Stanz
Participant

Is there an update on this?

JLeserDDK

Product team at HUBSPOT. We really need this specially now that customized objects are being widely deployed. Not rounded numbers in calculated properties really shows the data results in an ugly format and causes mistakes. Thank you.

jifchen

Hi Hubspot - after 4 years and 222 votes, hope you guys do something about it soon!

ChrisDraeger888
Participant

Please we need this

ChrisPower1
Participant

We're currently getting 5 or more decimal places in the results of a calculated property.  Being able to control the rounding is a much needed feature. 

TGagnon
Participant

Hi, just adding to the post. This is goofy. 

TGagnon_0-1708710744514.png

MCundall

This is absolutely needed.  Any idea when it will be implemented?

auto-mate
Top Contributor

Coming up to 5 years.

REally want to remove those decimals and round to a hundred!

EPuffenbarger

Hi all,

Just FYI, I think this has been addressed. There is a way to insert a function into your calculated properties:

round_up()

round_down()

round_nearest()

Then you just define the decimal place precision, which would be 0 if you're looking for a round number.

Example: round_nearest(your-calculation-goes-here, 0)

auto-mate
Top Contributor

@EPuffenbarger only works to round decimals. Would like to be able to round to miillions, thousands, hundreds etc.