A/B testing

AdamZen

A/B testing is fundamental to marketing!! HubSpot should have A/B functionality on ALL pages: blog, landing and web pages. Currently only available for website pages. Does anyone know a workaround?

HubSpot updates
Status updated to: Not Currently Planned
Apr 16, 2020

Hi AdamZen!

A/B testing is available on both Website pages and Landing pages, but not Blog posts. It's an interesting suggestion and I'd like to hear more about your use case. What sort of conversion are you wanting to see on your blog posts which would not be better on a landing page, for example?

Blog posts are generally used to easily create content that can be used to bring visitors (new and returning) to your site for informative/educational content. Of course, there are opportunities from there for conversions (commonly a CTA {which you can also test} or a Subscribe form), but it's not usually the main focus of the blog post itself. 

I'm marking this as "not currently planned" because we have some other highly requested features we're trying to fit into the roadmap, but this is certainly something we could come back to. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about your use case!

- Snaedis 

2 Replies
Status updated to: Not Currently Planned
Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi AdamZen!

A/B testing is available on both Website pages and Landing pages, but not Blog posts. It's an interesting suggestion and I'd like to hear more about your use case. What sort of conversion are you wanting to see on your blog posts which would not be better on a landing page, for example?

Blog posts are generally used to easily create content that can be used to bring visitors (new and returning) to your site for informative/educational content. Of course, there are opportunities from there for conversions (commonly a CTA {which you can also test} or a Subscribe form), but it's not usually the main focus of the blog post itself. 

I'm marking this as "not currently planned" because we have some other highly requested features we're trying to fit into the roadmap, but this is certainly something we could come back to. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about your use case!

- Snaedis 

TextioJohn
Participant

@Snaedis This is important to my company primarily for headline testing. We see huge engagement differences across blog titles (especially clicks in our blog newsletter), and it would be extremely valuable to systematically experiment with blog titles to learn and reuse what performs best.