Dashboards & Reporting

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Document analytics

SOLVE

Trying to understand the analytics for documents and how they are calculated. 

One of our documents was viewed for 7 hours and another for 35 minutes. While we might like to this the document is remarkable, it is not that remarkable! 

My thought is that the analytics are reflecting how long the document was open on a computer or possibly a phone.

What are the parameters for viewing calculations?

Thank you.

@jennysowyrda 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Document analytics

SOLVE

Understood.

>>"When you said 'multiple pages' did you mean multiple single pages or like my 5 pager?"

Meant single documents with more than one page.

>>"How do I track the scrolling?"

In HubSpot documents we track "Time Spent (seconds)" viewing specific pages.

- see image --  a test view from training we conducted earlier this year.

HubSpot Documents: Time Spent (seconds)HubSpot Documents: Time Spent (seconds)

This data is available by clicking on the 'Details' button for a specific visitor, then selecting a specific view.
- see image

HubSpot Documents Visitors DetailsHubSpot Documents Visitors Details

Scroll-tracking is really more of a webpage thing (see Hotjar heatmap examples).

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Vishesh_Singhal
Participant

Document analytics

SOLVE

Having accurate time for which client has viewed the file (irrespective of how much time it was open) needs a smart time analytics tool. We have designed one such tool that can serve as an enhancement over Documents. CloudFiles ios a native HubSpot app that not only lets you get page-by-page analytics but also considers if the system has gone idle or the user has browsed away from your tab. This gives much more accurate analytics. You can know more about the tool at https://cloudfilesapp.co

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Document analytics

SOLVE

The document viewer counts all time the document is left open in a browser window (or tab). Leaving tabs open (as reminders) is a fairly common practice. Being aware of this sort of behavior when tracking can help lead to better design for tracked documents.

Recommendations --
-- maybe use multiple pages, so more granular focus may be tracked accurately.
-- maybe use a cover page, so scrolling action can be contrasted against skims (similar to bounces on a webpage).
-- maybe prioritize MULTIPLE views by a visitor, as opposed to one long single view.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Document analytics

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson Thanks Frank.

My email has 3 document links, a form, and the website.  Of the two documents, one is 5 pages and the other two are single pages. The single-page documents need to be that way - a price list and a special. The 5 pager is 3 pages pf products, 1 page about an additive in all products and the last page a testimonial.

When you said you multiple pages did you mean multiple single pages or like my 5 pager?

How do I track the scrolling?

Yes, multiple views are tracked separately.

Thank you so much.,

Chris

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Document analytics

SOLVE

Understood.

>>"When you said 'multiple pages' did you mean multiple single pages or like my 5 pager?"

Meant single documents with more than one page.

>>"How do I track the scrolling?"

In HubSpot documents we track "Time Spent (seconds)" viewing specific pages.

- see image --  a test view from training we conducted earlier this year.

HubSpot Documents: Time Spent (seconds)HubSpot Documents: Time Spent (seconds)

This data is available by clicking on the 'Details' button for a specific visitor, then selecting a specific view.
- see image

HubSpot Documents Visitors DetailsHubSpot Documents Visitors Details

Scroll-tracking is really more of a webpage thing (see Hotjar heatmap examples).

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

Document analytics

SOLVE

@MFrankJohnson THANK YOU so much.  This is invaluable information.