CRM

chaz3444

IP State, IP Country, IP Time Zone Question

SOLVE

Hi,

I am curious as to how these IP fields get populated. I understand that Hubspot is no longer collecting IP address information but I would like to have IP State, IP Country, IP Time Zone populated in my contact records. 

I have found one article in Knowledge Base that says the user must open a tracked email that I sent or click on a link in a tracked email for that field to populate. Another Knowledge Base article says the IP address only gets tracked if you send the customer a Marketing email. 

I have been sending tracked emails but the IP fields are not populating even when the customer opens it or clicks on link. Does the IP feature only work with a Markjeting email sent from Hubspot or regualr tracked email? Thanks very much! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @chaz3444 

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome in the Community! 

HubSpot uses multiple third-party databases to try to match a visitor's IP address to their geographic location. The contact must submit with cookie tracking enabled or interact with (open or click) a tracked HubSpot email. Those are only marketing emails, and not sales emails. You have more information on this here: 

Why are some of my contacts missing a value for IP Country, IP State or IP City? 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @chaz3444 

Thank you for reaching out, and welcome in the Community! 

HubSpot uses multiple third-party databases to try to match a visitor's IP address to their geographic location. The contact must submit with cookie tracking enabled or interact with (open or click) a tracked HubSpot email. Those are only marketing emails, and not sales emails. You have more information on this here: 

Why are some of my contacts missing a value for IP Country, IP State or IP City? 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

chaz3444

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine,