CRM

Simoneponti89
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Export Notes

SOLVE

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to export the notes from a Hubspot account and import them to another account.

I know It's possible to import the notes, otherwise, instead I can't find a way to export them.

Can someone support me?

Thanks

Simone

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Export Notes

SOLVE

Hi @Simoneponti89 and everyone,

HubSpot has silently introduced options that allow for exporting notes more easily:

1. Navigate to the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) or any other object's index page
  2. Click Edit columns
    karstenkoehler_0-1707832350333.png
  3. Find the Contacts -> Notes column
    karstenkoehler_1-1707832411598.png
  4. Confirm, then Export your view
    karstenkoehler_2-1707832448354.png

In the export file, you should find a column containing notes, separated by semicolon if there are multiple ones. Individual notes seem to be capped at 500 characters.

If notes are longer than 500 characters, workarounds are the following:

There is also a thread on this topic in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. I'd recommend upvoting this thread and leaving a comment with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Export Notes

SOLVE

Hi @Simoneponti89 and everyone,

HubSpot has silently introduced options that allow for exporting notes more easily:

1. Navigate to the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts) or any other object's index page
  2. Click Edit columns
    karstenkoehler_0-1707832350333.png
  3. Find the Contacts -> Notes column
    karstenkoehler_1-1707832411598.png
  4. Confirm, then Export your view
    karstenkoehler_2-1707832448354.png

In the export file, you should find a column containing notes, separated by semicolon if there are multiple ones. Individual notes seem to be capped at 500 characters.

If notes are longer than 500 characters, workarounds are the following:

There is also a thread on this topic in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. I'd recommend upvoting this thread and leaving a comment with your use case.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Roselen
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Export Notes

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, thank you for this. Is there a way to use notes or associated notes in View filters? Eg If I only want to export contacts that have notes against them, can I do that? There may be workarounds but I don't there's a straightforward way to do this with Views.

0 Upvotes
Roselen

Export Notes

SOLVE

There's no straightforward way to do this but I found a workaround. We have a detailed process here if you're interested. Or see a summary of the process below.

Please note that you cannot import the activity timestamps; you can only include the date it was created.

Basically, what you'll do is to create a custom report, export it and import to another HubSpot portal. 

1. Create a custom report that includes the following information:

• Object's unique identifier (eg email address of contacts or company domain name of companies)
  • Note body
  • Activity created by
  • Activity date
  • Plus other properties you need

To ensure your report displays relevant records only, add filters, such as including only those with note body and email address. Once you are satisfied with your report, proceed to export it.

2. Review your exported sheet. 

• If 'activity date' includes the specific time, update the format to remove it. 
  • Replace the name in the 'Activity created by' column with the user's email address. A simple 'find' and 'replace' will do the trick.
    eg: if the 'Activity created by' says Dharmesh Shah, replace that with dharmesh@hubspot.com

3. Import the sheet to HubSpot

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Export Notes

SOLVE

Hi @Simoneponti89 

Thank you for reaching out!

There is no native way to export notes but I wanted to share with you this thread with an answer from @karstenkoehler that should help for a solution !

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !