CMS Development

Kenan
Participant | Diamond Partner

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Hello,

i am trying to test the new Reverse Proxy Support with an nginx proxy server to redirect only www.mydomain.com/blog to hubspot.

I did the steps mentioned here reverse-proxy-support 

My problem is that after doing the steps all requests will be directed to hubspot instead of my proxy server. which means even www.mydomain.com will also be directed to hubspot.

My questions are:

1. Can i achieve that only with a different subdomain than www?
  2. In the steps "For example, if your HubID is 123, your correct origin CNAME would be 123.sites-proxy.hscoscdn20.net" I can off course get it but dont understand where do i have to put this "origin CNAME"

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Hi @Kenan,

Thanks for getting in touch! 

I'll answer your questions below:

1. Due to the way HubSpot configure domains and that we advise on the use of CNAME records, it is recommended that you use the subdomain www instead of a 'naked domain'. 
  2. This is just referencing the origin CNAME record i.e 123.sites-proxy.hscoscdn20.net - In this case, this record is added in the following step to configure your proxy to forward requests using this origin CNAME.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

Kenan
Solution

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Hi @Willson,

Thanks for your answer. We already got that fixed and its working like a charm.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
msbt
Contributor

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Just chiming in here because we're currently trying to set up reverse proxying from Fastly to HubSpot and run into the same problems. It seems that HubSpot doesn't recognize our test-subdomain (e.g. hubspot.example.com) as such and wants us to change the settings on DNS/domain level (which renders the reverse proxy in between useless). Following the documentation from here https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/developer-reference/reverse-proxy-support goes sideways at step 10, it never shows this text "It looks like this domain already has an SSL certificate from another provider" and thus allowing us to enter the txt/cname records to validate the domain. Did anyone else encounter an issue like that?

Best regards,

Matthias

0 Upvotes
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Hi @Kenan,

Thanks for getting in touch! 

I'll answer your questions below:

1. Due to the way HubSpot configure domains and that we advise on the use of CNAME records, it is recommended that you use the subdomain www instead of a 'naked domain'. 
  2. This is just referencing the origin CNAME record i.e 123.sites-proxy.hscoscdn20.net - In this case, this record is added in the following step to configure your proxy to forward requests using this origin CNAME.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
Kenan

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Hi @Willson,

I am sorry to write 2 times but i also have another problem. In my company we are trying to test the Reverse Proxy Support from HubSpot so we can offer it to our customers. The first Test was from an Nginx server and it worked. now we are trying to do the same but from an Azure server. and the server's ip address was blocked from Hubspot after the first request. How could we unblock it?

Thanks in advance

Kenan

0 Upvotes
Kenan
Solution

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Hi @Willson,

Thanks for your answer. We already got that fixed and its working like a charm.

0 Upvotes
AAlsalkhadi
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Reverse Proxy Support

SOLVE

Hello @Kenan,

can you provide more information on how to do that?

thank you

0 Upvotes