CMS Development

Elena11

Need help adding delay to loading a Hubspot landing page

SOLVE

Hi all, I created a dynamic landing page in Hubspot, it's shown after someone fills out a demo form and shows sales reps' calendars based on ip country. 

The form redirects immediately before the ip country is populated.
I need to implement some client-side javascript to bring a contact to an intermediary page that says something like "getting the right calendar" or "please wait while we get your calendar" or something like that. After about 2 seconds or so, the visitor is redirected to the real page with the link to the right reps calendar.

Please let me know if you could help. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
albertsg
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @Elena11, probably this question in Stack Overflow is what you are looking for (see accepted solution). 

I'm not sure if manually delaying a form submission and a redirection to an extra page is the best idea for things like user experience, SEO, etc. But if you want to show some "loading" message, you could do the following to improve the process a bit:

- Add the JS code to "delay" the submission

- Create a modal element that pops-up when the user Submits the form (you can do it at the same time as the delay). This modal element will have the "please wait" message and it will avoid an extra redirection in your process which in my opinion could be innecesary. 

Hope this helps!

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
albertsg
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @Elena11, probably this question in Stack Overflow is what you are looking for (see accepted solution). 

I'm not sure if manually delaying a form submission and a redirection to an extra page is the best idea for things like user experience, SEO, etc. But if you want to show some "loading" message, you could do the following to improve the process a bit:

- Add the JS code to "delay" the submission

- Create a modal element that pops-up when the user Submits the form (you can do it at the same time as the delay). This modal element will have the "please wait" message and it will avoid an extra redirection in your process which in my opinion could be innecesary. 

Hope this helps!

Did my answer help you? Mark it as a solution

Book time with me

You can also connect with me on LinkedIn

Elena11

SOLVE

Exactly what I was looking for - thank you, @albertsg!

0 Upvotes