CMS Development

JessieBumgarner
Participant

Need Help Changing Color of CTA Button in CSS

SOLVE

I have attached two screenshots to help with this question.

I am using a landing page the company bought off of Marketplace and I am wanting to change the CTA button. The CTA button was created by code because it's used to jump down to the form at the bottom of the page. 

hero image.PNGcode.PNG

What do I need to look for in the css to change the color? I have tried searching cta_button but multiple options appear and none have a hex code. 

I know this may be a silly question for this community but any help is appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
piersg
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @JessieBumgarner. If you're just trying to find where the colour is applied in CSS, please add a link to the page and I can have a look for you.

If you want to change the colour of this specific button you could edit the button with inline css like this:

<a href="#demo" class="cta_button" rel="noopener" style="background-color: [hex code]">Get Free Demo</a>

Or a stylesheet you could do this:

.cta_button[href="#demo"] {
  background-color: [hex code];
}

To change the text color you can add to either of the above color: [hex code]

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
piersg
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @JessieBumgarner. If you're just trying to find where the colour is applied in CSS, please add a link to the page and I can have a look for you.

If you want to change the colour of this specific button you could edit the button with inline css like this:

<a href="#demo" class="cta_button" rel="noopener" style="background-color: [hex code]">Get Free Demo</a>

Or a stylesheet you could do this:

.cta_button[href="#demo"] {
  background-color: [hex code];
}

To change the text color you can add to either of the above color: [hex code]

JessieBumgarner
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you so much @piersg ! I woke up this morning and thought of doing that and it worked! 

0 Upvotes