CMS Development

SBeuerle
Participant

Blog: Remove language switcher & archive one language variation

SOLVE

Hi!

I have a couple of questions related to the blog page.

1. I would like to archive the DE version of the blog but keep the assets - understood from the HS support they would be deleted if archived. Is there a way around?

2. The language switcher needs to be removed https://blog.styla.com/en (we are keeping only the EN version of the website, no need for DE). The support pointed me to this forum saying there may be a custom code piece that needs removal. How can it be found and what exactly needs to be removed? This is the template used.

3. The yellow image (background) also needs to be replaced with another image. Where in the code can this be achieved?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBeuerle,

1. I would like to archive the DE version of the blog but keep the assets - understood from the HS support they would be deleted if archived. Is there a way around?

What do you mean by keeping the assets? The files/template/modules? To remove the blog you will need to go to the blog settings. There you can remove a blog / blog language.
How did you make your site multilingual? It it a seperate blog or with themultilingual option? 

2. The language switcher needs to be removed https://blog.styla.com/en (we are keeping only the EN version of the website, no need for DE). The support pointed me to this forum saying there may be a custom code piece that needs removal. How can it be found and what exactly needs to be removed? This is the template used.

For hiding the language swicher, you can do this easilly with css like:

.language-switcher{
  display:none;
}

There is already an .language-switcher class so !important may be needed.

3. The yellow image (background) also needs to be replaced with another image. Where in the code can this be achieved?
The image is added to your files library. Easiest way is to replace the image. Search for: styla-background04-gradientline_edge.jpg

https://blog.styla.com/hubfs/styla-background04-gradientline_edge.jpg 
If you want to change the link to an uploaded image, go check your blog template inside your designer tools.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Indra
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBeuerle,

What do you mean by keeping the assets? The files/template/modules? To remove the blog you will need to go to the blog settings. There you can remove a blog / blog language.
How did you make your site multilingual? It it a seperate blog or with themultilingual option? 

2. The language switcher needs to be removed https://blog.styla.com/en (we are keeping only the EN version of the website, no need for DE). The support pointed me to this forum saying there may be a custom code piece that needs removal. How can it be found and what exactly needs to be removed? This is the template used.

For hiding the language swicher, you can do this easilly with css like:

.language-switcher{
  display:none;
}

There is already an .language-switcher class so !important may be needed.

The image is added to your files library. Easiest way is to replace the image. Search for: styla-background04-gradientline_edge.jpg

https://blog.styla.com/hubfs/styla-background04-gradientline_edge.jpg 
If you want to change the link to an uploaded image, go check your blog template inside your designer tools.

Vet Digital - The Growth Agency | HubSpot Solutions Partner Agency

Did my post solve your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBeuerle, We use custom templates and modules for all of our sites, so we include it when we need it. It depends on the templates that are used for you site. I did remove the language switcher in the past, as it is a module in the templates that can be removed. Because support said there was some custom code, it is probably best to let an HubSpot employee or a HubSpot developer check what needs to be removed.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

Teun

SOLVE

Hi @SBeuerle ,

The second and thirth question are hard to answer, as only HubSpot employees have access to your templates and portal.

About the first question, do you want to keep your DE blogs, but just not show them anymore? You could make an export of all blog posts and store that file somewhere.
If you still need access to those posts in HubSpot, you could export the posts and import the blogs in a new blog that you exclude from indexing. Still, these are not very pretty methods.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

SBeuerle
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you very much!

Yes, I would like to keep the DE blogs but offline. I suppose I can export them or simply saved as word docs.

However, the issue of the language switcher remains; just curious, has anyone ever had it removed from the site?