Blog, Website & Page Publishing

sfouty1
Participant

Feature Image for Blog Listing Page

SOLVE

Is there a way to enable a featured image on the blog listing page? LinkedIn recently added a feature where you can add a link to your profile, and it shows a featured image preview. We linked to our blog listing page, and the preview image is a blank grey square that we cannot get rid of.

We know how to set them for individual blog posts, just not for the listing page itself.

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sfouty1 ,

Essentially, these featured images that are being used preview/thumbnail images are being pulled from this particular code [og: img] added to head HTML of every blog page. Therefore, if you want to display a specific image you can go to the blog template and add the following to the page:

<meta property="og:image" content="IMG URL">

Here are the respective links to the inspector/validator of each social media platform:

• Facebook: use the Facebook Sharing Debugger to surface any warnings or errors with your meta tags, or to scrape the content URL again so it generates the most current Facebook link preview.
  • Twitter: use the Twitter Card Validator to surface any warnings or errors with your meta tags, or to scrape the content URL again so it generates the most current Twitter card preview.
  • LinkedIn: use the LinkedIn Card Inspector to surface any warnings or errors with your meta tags, or to scrape the content URL again so it generates the most current LinkedIn card preview.

If you still encounter issues with this, can you give me the link to the image that you'd like to feature?

Hope this clarifies. Feel free to let me know if you require more assistance on this, I'm more than happy to figure this out together.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
ajchapman20
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @sfouty1 ,

Essentially, these featured images that are being used preview/thumbnail images are being pulled from this particular code [og: img] added to head HTML of every blog page. Therefore, if you want to display a specific image you can go to the blog template and add the following to the page:

<meta property="og:image" content="IMG URL">

Here are the respective links to the inspector/validator of each social media platform:

• Facebook: use the Facebook Sharing Debugger to surface any warnings or errors with your meta tags, or to scrape the content URL again so it generates the most current Facebook link preview.
  • Twitter: use the Twitter Card Validator to surface any warnings or errors with your meta tags, or to scrape the content URL again so it generates the most current Twitter card preview.
  • LinkedIn: use the LinkedIn Card Inspector to surface any warnings or errors with your meta tags, or to scrape the content URL again so it generates the most current LinkedIn card preview.

If you still encounter issues with this, can you give me the link to the image that you'd like to feature?

Hope this clarifies. Feel free to let me know if you require more assistance on this, I'm more than happy to figure this out together.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert