APIs & Integrations

jpsanchez
Contributor | Elite Partner

SMTP specific configuration question

SOLVE

Hi friends! , 

Just a good one. 

A Hubspot client using Marketing Pro wants to improve email security by update SPF, DMARC, DKIM, 

Global IT answer it´s not possible to config a SPF for hubspot and or any other third party. 

GLOBAL IT solution is to use a SMTP relay with hubpot:

1. Use our smtp relay to send emails ( below points)

To passthrough the smtp relay, some condition must be met such as:
a. The sender Server IP should be provided to us, so that we can authorize it on the relay server to send the emails
b. The Sender Server IP should not be a range of IPs, but a dedicated IP. 
c. The Sender Server IP must not be an open smtp relay.

My question to all of you:

Can you do it just with a dedicated IP ( ADD-ON) .?

or

In order to do this you need to buy and config SMTP Transactional email . AND that means  will work just for transactional emails? ( ex. Marketing emails are with the unsubscribe and modify footer options in opposite of transactionals emails and if you use GDPR this will be a issue)

Thanks a lot! 

JP

😉

1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jpsanchez 

I'll begin by discussing the Transactional Email aspect - Transactional emails are currently defined as commerce receipts, account updates, and system messages with full engagement tracking across all of your emails. You can find a great level of detail on this here:
https://www.hubspot.com/products/email/transactional-email

These would be separate to the normal emails being sent via the Marketing Email tool and so, if these are the types of emails you're wanting to continue sending, this is not the add-on that will work for you.

If we jump over to the Dedicated IP Add-on, this gives you full control over your email sending and is usually considered if you want to do the following:

• Maintain permission-based, engaged lists of contacts.
  • Need complete control over your sending reputation.
  • Send more than 100,000 messages every month.
  • Send email with your domain, no setup required.

In this case however, you have specific points that fall outside of the usual reasons for requesting this. If we delve into the points though, we can see that the Dedicated IP will provide the functionality you're looking for:

a. The sender Server IP should be provided to us, so that we can authorize it on the relay server to send the emails - Yes.
b. The Sender Server IP should not be a range of IPs, but a dedicated IP. - Yes.
c. The Sender Server IP must not be an open smtp relay. - Yes.

If this is something you're interested in, i'd recommend getting in-touch with our team or taking a look at some more information that can be found here:

https://www.hubspot.com/products/marketing/dedicated-ip

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @jpsanchez 

I'll begin by discussing the Transactional Email aspect - Transactional emails are currently defined as commerce receipts, account updates, and system messages with full engagement tracking across all of your emails. You can find a great level of detail on this here:
https://www.hubspot.com/products/email/transactional-email

These would be separate to the normal emails being sent via the Marketing Email tool and so, if these are the types of emails you're wanting to continue sending, this is not the add-on that will work for you.

If we jump over to the Dedicated IP Add-on, this gives you full control over your email sending and is usually considered if you want to do the following:

• Maintain permission-based, engaged lists of contacts.
  • Need complete control over your sending reputation.
  • Send more than 100,000 messages every month.
  • Send email with your domain, no setup required.

In this case however, you have specific points that fall outside of the usual reasons for requesting this. If we delve into the points though, we can see that the Dedicated IP will provide the functionality you're looking for:

a. The sender Server IP should be provided to us, so that we can authorize it on the relay server to send the emails - Yes.
b. The Sender Server IP should not be a range of IPs, but a dedicated IP. - Yes.
c. The Sender Server IP must not be an open smtp relay. - Yes.

If this is something you're interested in, i'd recommend getting in-touch with our team or taking a look at some more information that can be found here:

https://www.hubspot.com/products/marketing/dedicated-ip

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
jpsanchez

SOLVE

HI Matthew thanks a lot for this super clear answer,

I will get in contact with your team in order to get the details about it. 

Thanks again 😉

JP

0 Upvotes