APIs & Integrations

snamuth
Participant

Help - Date/Time Data Needed for Custom Date Fields

SOLVE

So, we use HubSpot quite a bit and have run into an issue. I need to be able to report on how long it takes from when a contact is created in the CRM, to when we first attempt outreach to the contact. Is this even possible with the data available in HubSpot? I have tried using a custom date field, and setting the date based on a workflow, that triggers when an attempt is made, but getting the actually date/time stamp doesn't seem to be easy. Is there something that I am missing, or does HubSpot really not have a way to measure (in seconds/hours) speed to contact or attempt to contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
snamuth
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @Isaac_Takushi I was able to resolve this using the version timestamp of the custom date property. Since, in my case, the custom date property is set using a workflow and based on an event, I can use the version timestamp for the date value which gives me a timestamp of when the date value was set or updated. This should work, but it would be nice to create custom date/time properties instead of just custom date properties.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JGood
Contributor

SOLVE

If we are passing a Timestamp via API (We are actually using Clearbit and they need to pass a timestamp to us), would I just choose a date field as the type and Hubspot will know what to do with timestamp info that is passed?  

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @JGood 

You need to make sure that they timestamp is in unix timestamp format using milliseconds

Here is a doc on the subject.

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @snamuth,

I'm glad to hear you found an alternative solution!

I also see value in such a property! I encourage you to share this feedback on the HubSpot Community Ideas Forum by upvoting and commenting on these similar feature requests:

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @snamuth,

HubSpot doesn't have an out-of-the-box solution for this use case, but it's certainly possible to retrieve and calculate the difference between a contact's createdate property timestamp and a custom date picker property timestamp with a custom integration.

Since Hubspot uses UNIX-formatted timestamps in milliseconds, you would implement the following formula in an external application if you wished to find the difference between a custom "first attempt" timestamp and the contact's createdate timestamp in days:

(first_attempt - createdate)÷ 1000 ÷ 60 ÷ 60 ÷ 24

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager
0 Upvotes
snamuth
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @Isaac_Takushi I was able to resolve this using the version timestamp of the custom date property. Since, in my case, the custom date property is set using a workflow and based on an event, I can use the version timestamp for the date value which gives me a timestamp of when the date value was set or updated. This should work, but it would be nice to create custom date/time properties instead of just custom date properties.

0 Upvotes