APIs & Integrations

mchalupsky

Does the OAuth refresh token expire?

SOLVE

Hello everybody.

I'm using the API for intelligent routing for calls in a cloud telephony system (compare incoming phone number to contacts, routes to the appropriate department noted in the Message property). Obviously using the authorization code grant isn't going to be an option to use for each call. I'm using the refresh token that came with the first OAuth request I sent from Postman, and it's working great in testing.

Does anybody know if the refresh token expires? I don't see anything in the documentation indicating that it does, and I've been firing off new requests with it throughout the day without any problems.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @mchalupsky 

To confirm, refresh tokens don't actually expire. The only exception is when somebody uninstalls an app from HubSpot at which point HubSpot will kill/expire the refresh token so the integration cannot do anything going forward after installation.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Willson
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @mchalupsky 

To confirm, refresh tokens don't actually expire. The only exception is when somebody uninstalls an app from HubSpot at which point HubSpot will kill/expire the refresh token so the integration cannot do anything going forward after installation.

I hope this helps!

Product Manager @ HubSpot
0 Upvotes
AbdulQayyum
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, can you please confirm thing, is there any way we can check the expiry of refresh token? or its for life time and there is no expiry for it.

0 Upvotes
mchalupsky

SOLVE

@Willson This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

0 Upvotes