APIs & Integrations

HGomez

Delete Multiple Reports

SOLVE

Hi,

Last year I opened a thread on the old developer forums requests how we could delete multiple events from our account after reaching the event limit of 10,000.

Original topic: https://integrate.hubspot.com/t/delete-multiple-events/14211

We're revisiting this case after defining what events we want to keep and those which should be deleted, however, we're unable to get a complete list of all 10,000 events from the export function in the 'events dashboard'. Are you (the Hubspot team) able to provide a complete spreadsheet export for us so we can mark which ones should be deleted?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Delete Multiple Reports

SOLVE

Hi, @HGomez.

Thanks for your patience while I worked with my team to fix the pagination issue you described in our direct messages.

I'm pleased to notify you that we've resolved the behavior which returns users to the first page of the event manager after deleting all 25 events on a different page!

Now, when you delete all 25 events on a page (n), you should be returned to the previous page (n-1). This should make it much easier to bulk delete events.

This update does not apply to instances where more than 25 events are selected and deleted across multiple pages, however. In such a scenario, the user will still be returned to the event manager's first page.

Isaac Takushi

Associate Certification Manager

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Delete Multiple Reports

SOLVE

Hi, @HGomez.

Before addressing your most recent request, did you see my last response on 26 November 2018?

The team has confirmed this is possible, however deleting all events that have fewer than 2 completions for "all time" would still leave ~7.6K events.

Would you want us to delete all the "Downloaded YEAR_DAY_Somefile.ppt" events which seem to have caused the issue?

While it might be possible to provide a complete list of all 10,000 events, could you expound more upon what you wish to do with it and what you would want us to do with it once you're done.

I ask because I worry that "manually" marking events to keep or delete will not be directly transferrable to our backend, creating additional work for everyone.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
HGomez

Delete Multiple Reports

SOLVE

Hi @IsaacTakushi 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I did see your original response so I'll explain what we're trying to do:

My intention for getting a complete spreadsheet of all the events was so that my team here can get a complete view of what events we currently have and then define some pattern or wildcard that will allow your team to delete them. We would then mark all those to be deleted in the spreadsheet but you raised a good point about this method not being compatible with your backend. 

I was keen to try your suggested filename wildcard deletion route, however, I've been informed internally that there are certain items which would be included in this pattern but cannot be deleted, so I'm not sure how to get around this. Can I share a spreadsheet with you which may clarify what I mean? If so, how can I send this privately?
(if not I can reply here with more context) 

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Delete Multiple Reports

SOLVE

Apologies for the delayed response, @HGomez. It's been a busy week here at HubSpot!

I'm happy to take a look at your spreadsheet. You should be able to direct message me!

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes
IsaacTakushi
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Delete Multiple Reports

SOLVE

Hi, @HGomez.

Thanks for your patience while I worked with my team to fix the pagination issue you described in our direct messages.

I'm pleased to notify you that we've resolved the behavior which returns users to the first page of the event manager after deleting all 25 events on a different page!

Now, when you delete all 25 events on a page (n), you should be returned to the previous page (n-1). This should make it much easier to bulk delete events.

This update does not apply to instances where more than 25 events are selected and deleted across multiple pages, however. In such a scenario, the user will still be returned to the event manager's first page.

Isaac Takushi

0 Upvotes