Jun 22, 20174:33 PM - last edited on May 18, 20235:00 PM by Jaycee_Lewis
Troubleshooting Toolkit: Collecting a HAR file and Trace information
When it comes to websites, we all know there is more information than what is on the page level. Sometimes in order to troubleshoot a specific issue, HubSpot Support needs a deeper level of information than the error message on the screen, or a screenshot of what isn’t loading. The HAR file and Trace information can be a valuable piece of content to assist with troubleshooting complex website issues, and you may be asked to send a HAR file and Trace information to HubSpot Support.
How to collect a HAR file
A HAR file is a log of activity between an internet browser and a website, and can be accessed through the inspector tool within your web browser.
If you are requested to get a HAR file, please follow the steps below. These steps are specific to Google Chrome, which is available for download here.
1. Open Chrome and navigate to the page where the issue is occurring.
2. Right-click on your screen and choose “inspect”.
3. Select the “network” tab.
4. Check the “preserve log” and “disable cache” checkboxes.
You will want to ensure that your network tab is recording by looking for the red record button:
. If it is grey or black, click it to begin recording. If you have any activity that already loaded in your network tab, you can clear it by clicking clear:
5. Perform the action, or reload the page, that is causing the issue with the network tab open and recording.
6. Once you have completed the action and the network tab has loaded all the content, right click within the inspector tool, and select “save as har with content”.
7. Save the file to the desired location on your computer and then attach it to your Support ticket.