Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AElposhi

How to track attendance for offline event?

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an marketing event and it's offline one, the tricky part is that how can i track the attendance records that come to my event? Should i use a third party software? And if so, i want to make sure that the attendance records are created in a separate list?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AElposhi,

This depends on how exactly you want to execute the event. There are out of the box, all-in-one solutions like Eventbrite which integrate with HubSpot.

If you're fine with managing participant lists manually, you can simply import a list of registered contacts and a list of attendees after the event. This give you all the segmentation options you need. (Registered minus attendees would be the no-shows.)

Do you have more context on how you want to manage participants overall? Happy to help.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Jasper_Madrone
Participant

SOLVE

I created an app to help with this if you are interested. It is approved on the HubSpot marketplace, and I think it could help your use case. It allows you have a settings page UI to create events directly in the HubSpot tool without needing to go to the API. I also added a Workflow action that can manage the registration status of contacts for the created events.

Check it out here

0 Upvotes
WPaden
Participant

SOLVE

After years of experience with DMO (Destination Marketing Organizations) and local small businesses, this is something that we get asked for a lot for analytic purposes. Depending on the environment and who is hosting the event, you may be able to rely on their numbers. Meaning, if I am having a client sponsor something with the city government, most likely the city will already have done research and you can simply asked to have that forwarded after the event. Generally, their numbers include both projected and actual numbers for the event. Dont reinvent the wheel if someone is already gathering the data. 

Now, if you are personally hosting the event. I use a combination of tools for in person events. A CTA to have the attendees check-in via social media to the event, assuming that the event is available for check-in. This is a popular choice because it also allows your attendees to network and provide information to have follow ups after the event. If it is within an enclosed venue, we will sometimes resort to literal counters from our security or doormen. This gets you hard numbers without your clients interacting with who else is there. 

Hope I helped in some way and good luck with your event! Feel free to reach out if needed, as I would love to get some additional people to collaborate with in the future.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AElposhi,

This depends on how exactly you want to execute the event. There are out of the box, all-in-one solutions like Eventbrite which integrate with HubSpot.

If you're fine with managing participant lists manually, you can simply import a list of registered contacts and a list of attendees after the event. This give you all the segmentation options you need. (Registered minus attendees would be the no-shows.)

Do you have more context on how you want to manage participants overall? Happy to help.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AElposhi

SOLVE
Thank you for your reply.
I installed the Eventbrite and created my event.
Do you have any idea of how can I promote the event from the Hubspot landing page with the capability to get all submissions on the Eventbrite DB?
Also, what is the best way to manage the participants?
Thanks,