Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JamesSourceUK
Participant

Cleaning my contacts

SOLVE

Hi all,

Firstly, may I aplogise if this topic has been covered elsewhere. I did take a look on the forum but could not see a suitable answer.

Essentially, we have a list of all of our contacts in HubSpot and need to confirm that they are happy to receive emails from us. I was wondering if anyone had a good way of doing this?

I could send all an email and offer them the ability to unsubscribe... This would at least set the unsubscribed flag.

I was hoping to create something a little more sophisticated. Perhaps creating a landing page with a form that allows one to fill out certain contact properties, including selecting which service they're interested in... this form would then automatically update their profile in HubSpot.

Anyways. I'd appreciate your thoughts 🙂 thanks for your help 

James x

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Cleaning my contacts

SOLVE

Hi @JamesSourceUK,

Encouraging contacts to submit a form is, in my opinion, the best solution, especially if you need this explicit confirmation. When you do this, keep in mind the average open rate and click rate for an email. Only a small fraction of your list will actually submit the form, unfortunately. Those who do I would consider valuable contacts.

Whether you choose this option versus asking them whether they'd like to opt out depends on privacy legislation. My reply does not constitute any legal advice so I'd recommend reaching out to a legal professional to check whether the offer of an opt-out is sufficient (you would lose a lot less contacts that way) or if you need explicit consent.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Cleaning my contacts

SOLVE

Hi @JamesSourceUK,

Encouraging contacts to submit a form is, in my opinion, the best solution, especially if you need this explicit confirmation. When you do this, keep in mind the average open rate and click rate for an email. Only a small fraction of your list will actually submit the form, unfortunately. Those who do I would consider valuable contacts.

Whether you choose this option versus asking them whether they'd like to opt out depends on privacy legislation. My reply does not constitute any legal advice so I'd recommend reaching out to a legal professional to check whether the offer of an opt-out is sufficient (you would lose a lot less contacts that way) or if you need explicit consent.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JamesSourceUK
Participant

Cleaning my contacts

SOLVE

Thanks Karstenkoehler!

I would like to create the form but I'm not 100% sure how to do it... I will have do some research.

Cheers,

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Cleaning my contacts

SOLVE

Hi @JamesSourceUK,

The form would only have to contain an email address field but would need a checkbox for marketing subscription and an agreement to data processing. (By default, Hubspot forms should come with this out of the box.)

You can learn more about this here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler