Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

NGross623
Participant

Best Practice on Form Organization

SOLVE

I'm looking for best practices or strategy on form creation and organization. What has and has not worked for you?

Do you create a form per page, campaign, buying stage? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NGross623,

Great question. I'd always recommend to keep the number of forms as low as possible. Over time, portals grow and redundant forms can eat up so much time when it comes to standardizing or updating outdates processes. I'm managing portals with hundreds of forms and as long as HubSpot does not support bulk form editing options, these will be one of the biggest time sinks.

What exactly that means depends on the organization. For example, in one companies that could result in 40 default forms if they're working in 10 languages which require that a preferred language is passed on as a hidden field value and each country organization needs a contact form, a whitepaper form, a webinar form and a newsletter form.

In another company, where this approach doesn't scale and where language is self-selected by the user, 4 forms might be enough.

In terms of general organization, I'd recommend sticking to a very clear naming convention, see for example here, and running regular audits / clean-ups to see if users are straying from the path of using defined templates.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NGross623,

Great question. I'd always recommend to keep the number of forms as low as possible. Over time, portals grow and redundant forms can eat up so much time when it comes to standardizing or updating outdates processes. I'm managing portals with hundreds of forms and as long as HubSpot does not support bulk form editing options, these will be one of the biggest time sinks.

What exactly that means depends on the organization. For example, in one companies that could result in 40 default forms if they're working in 10 languages which require that a preferred language is passed on as a hidden field value and each country organization needs a contact form, a whitepaper form, a webinar form and a newsletter form.

In another company, where this approach doesn't scale and where language is self-selected by the user, 4 forms might be enough.

In terms of general organization, I'd recommend sticking to a very clear naming convention, see for example here, and running regular audits / clean-ups to see if users are straying from the path of using defined templates.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

heynancyee
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ! During my organization's HubSpot setup, our agency recommended we create a new form for every content download and event registration. We're a global organization so this has caused some issues as forms need to be in different languages and, as you mentioned above, we have to manually update all of them when we change anything. Can you advise on the best practices for form organization? 

For instance, you mention keeping the form count as low as possible. How do you measure/monitor the submissions? I have looked for guidance on this in HubSpot Academy but only found very generic info like how to create a form whereas I need guidance on how to organize forms within the tool and report on the various submissions for each type of content and event. Thanks! 

0 Upvotes