Reporting & Analytics

rhaggerty
Participant

HubSpot's social reporting metrics aren't accurate. How does your team track socials?

SOLVE

At my company, we track social metrics weekly—such as impressions, clicks, and sessions. I've noticed a huge discrepency in the numbers we track. In HubSpot, it'll say we have 0 clicks for the week and very little impressions for LinkedIn posts. When I run a report on LinkedIn analytics, the numbers are way higher than what HubSpot is reporting. I've contacted support a few times on this issue but I haven't gotten a solution for it.

Question for you: How does your team track social metrics across all channels? Do you use a tool seperate from HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

HubSpot's social reporting metrics aren't accurate. How does your team track socials?

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @BérangèreL

You're right @rhaggerty, numbers differ platform-to-platform. My advice is to measure what you want, consistently in each platform. If the native social platform gives you what seem to be accurate analytics, stick with them, and then use HubSpot for its reporting on the full journey. 

I use HubSpot for traffic sources, conversions, and lead nurturing analytics. The nice thing is that your HubSpot dashboards, where you can tell this full story, include functionality to showcase external data in an iframe, so you can bring in that external data. 

You could also look at a tool like Databox to show reports from various platforms in one central dashboard. I've used that tool in the past and I'm a fan. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @rhaggerty,

Thank you for asking the Community!

To start with, I'd like to share this article for information "Analyze social reports".

I also found for you similar threads that might help you:

- Large discrepancies in reports from LinkedIn to HubSpot
- The solution from @danmoyle on this similar post "Hubspot analytics different from Linkedin analytics"

I'd like to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @Crystal_Hopper, @BukunmiOdetayo and @beeginman do you have additional insights to share with @rhaggerty, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks a lot and have a beautiful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention, @BérangèreL

You're right @rhaggerty, numbers differ platform-to-platform. My advice is to measure what you want, consistently in each platform. If the native social platform gives you what seem to be accurate analytics, stick with them, and then use HubSpot for its reporting on the full journey. 

I use HubSpot for traffic sources, conversions, and lead nurturing analytics. The nice thing is that your HubSpot dashboards, where you can tell this full story, include functionality to showcase external data in an iframe, so you can bring in that external data. 

You could also look at a tool like Databox to show reports from various platforms in one central dashboard. I've used that tool in the past and I'm a fan. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/