Commerce Tools

akrafcha
Participant

Automated Payments Integration

Hubspot has a reoccuring automated payments feature for their own subscription renewals. Currently the customer facing Hubspot payments integration feature will allow for reoccuring billing but the payment must be manually completed by the customer. It would be awesome if customers that support similar subscription based business models  could directly mirror the system that Hubspot uses for their renewals, allowing for automatic ACH/CC payments via the Hubspot payment integration.

11 Replies 11
digitalkrewe
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

The Hubspot Payments feature essentially has two parts:

1. Payment Links
    1. The payment links are for standard services that you bill customers for. You create custom links with a single or multiple services/products, set the pricing and frequency that customers will pay (one-time, monthly, etc.). You can use those links to insert into an email, place them on your website, QR Code, etc.
  2. Payments added to Quotes
    1. When you create a quote, you can select the option for customers to pay after they sign and accept the quote. Use the payment option here for any customer who needs a custom solution, discounts, anything that is not a standard service/amount.

I know that Hubspot Payments functionality is expanding in the first half of this year. One of the features that will be added is to collect the credit card info to charge at a later date. I added an idea the other day to have the ability to insert the payment links from a one-to-one email or the inbox. Check out the idea, Insert payment links in one-to-one emails and inbox. Don't forget to give it an upvote.😉

akrafcha
Participant

Thanks @digitalkrewe ! I'm familiar with some of this functionality. We have a payments system that allows for clients to pay via links now but we/our customers would really love a "sign up and forget it" payment approach just like you would have for your Netflix subscription. Hoping to have something like this in the updates later this year.

GrantCarlile
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@akrafcha today the payments support credit cards. Additional forms of payment, such as ACH will be coming soon. Thanks so much for making this clarification.

I encourage you to create an idea and link to these other ideas repeating the same request, this excalates features for the HubSpot team.

Found this idea request for ACH payments.

Link ACH account for billing.

Alternative payment methods.

All the best!!

akrafcha
Participant

@GrantCarlile  thanks for the info and clarification! Is there any eta for when ACH would be live, and do you know how much/what the fee would be per automated ACH transaction? Thanks!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @akrafcha,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Recurring ACH is live now: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Releases-and-Updates/Now-Live-Recurring-ACH/ba-p/616047 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
GrantCarlile

@akrafcha, this is a new tool in beta, with new features, here's the link again to their page outlining the capability. Here's the page itself:

HubSpot Recurring PaymentsHubSpot Recurring Payments

HubSpot Recurring PaymentsHubSpot Recurring Payments

Hope that helps clarify!

Grant CarlileGrant Carlile

Grant Carlile, RevOps Developer

RevPartners is an unmatched team of operators who design and execute revenue engines to supercharge your growth. 

This is Grant.png

0 Upvotes
akrafcha
Participant

@GrantCarlile this is one of the pages I was sent when told that we would not be able to replicate Hubspot's automated payment renewal process this past Friday. I have been a little confused on the Payment Links feature too since I've seen it move from Beta to New on the HS website but what you linked say's it's still in beta. Are you saying that automated 0% ACH will be part of the reoccuring payments and it's just not launched yet?

GrantCarlile

@akrafcha, interesting. They did, today, just announce that it's available to all US customers. It's new indeed.

Looking for clarity from team on, as you've said, the payment link capability on the customer side. Hearing the experience you're having versus what is on the site, I'd like to get to the bottom of it. I'll post back here what I find.

We're clarifying the payment experience on the cusomter side: CC, ACH, Paypal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, ..., can cusomters setup auto-payment.

RevPartners is an unmatched team of operators who design and execute revenue engines to supercharge your growth. 

This is Grant.png

0 Upvotes
GrantCarlile

Hi @akrafcha, this is Grant,

With HubSpot Payments you can send recurring links so customers can pay automatically too.

"With Payments, you can send a quote to a customer with a recurring payment link and they can then transact in that exact moment."

Here are some more specifics on creating a payment link to share with customers so they can setup auto-pay. 

Hope this helps!

This is Grant.png

akrafcha
Participant

Hi @SGran thanks for your responce!

I asked the support team about this and was told it's not possible. Still getting familiar with our needs I think I missed a few things above which may change things. Hope this helps!:

- We want ACH automated reoccuring (due to 0% fees)

- We would love CC reoccuring (but with 0% fees only)

- A typical quote is comprised of subscription (automated reoccuring needed) and one time (manual oayment ok) items so we need to be able to do both in one doc

GrantCarlile

Agreed. Sounds like they're focused on the basic rollout to then move into the specific cases like you're pointing out. 

LOVE the clarity. Thank you!

0 Upvotes