Lead Capture Tools

RSiddula
Top Contributor

Lead status best usages

SOLVE

Hello Community,

My org is not really using the lead status property insted they are completely relying on deal stages alone, I am trying to get the best usage of lead status property but I don't really have a strong reason to convence my supervisor, I would like to know the best usages of the lead status so that I can convence my supervisor, looking forward to hearing some insights, thanks.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

Lead status best usages

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula , I hope you are doing great.

To start, I believe once your supervisor sees a strong reason to start using the lead status property, he won't resist your using it. After all, everyone wants the growth of their organization. It's a beautiful thing that you already make use of the deal stages, and pipeline configuration too, I assume. 

The lead status property is effective especially when you are trying to send tailored content and create a personalized experience for your contacts based on where they are in their customer/user journey. I often recommend using the lifecycle stage property together with the lead status for better nurturing. Hubspot has lifecycle stages properties like subscriber, lead (MQL & SQL), opportunity, customers, and evangelists. Below is a snapshot showing the default Hubspot lead status:

BukunmiOdetayo_0-1642675022416.png

Of course, you are allowed to customize these properties to suit your need. So, there are times when not every one of your contact needs to hear what you want to say, and having your lead status updated and functional will help you determine who should hear a particular piece of information you want to pass across. These enhance your analytics, performance and help you win the trust of your contacts more when they receive what they need at every point in time throughout their interactions with you. 

To aid you further, I have this guide that explains the lead status and lifecycle stages more, as well as this guide that tells you how to manage your sales process with the lead status property.

Let me know if my reply helps you. 

All the best,

Bukunmi

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

StjepanGrcic
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Lead status best usages

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula 

The lead status property is predefined in HubSpot.

It can be fully customised and changed so that it meets unique needs of your sales team and process.  Also, lead status is not set fully automatically in HubSpot's system settings, but either:

• Manually - by the respective sales staff
  • Workflows (for example: contact is associated with a new deal for the first time, then set Lead Status to "Open Deal").

Ideally, the lead status represents the typical activities that are performed during the qualification process.

Combining several properties, you are able to better segment your database, and in particular your leads.

Cheers!

stjepan_hubspot_forum_footer.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
StjepanGrcic
Solution

Lead status best usages

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula 

The lead status property is predefined in HubSpot.

It can be fully customised and changed so that it meets unique needs of your sales team and process.  Also, lead status is not set fully automatically in HubSpot's system settings, but either:

• Manually - by the respective sales staff
  • Workflows (for example: contact is associated with a new deal for the first time, then set Lead Status to "Open Deal").

Ideally, the lead status represents the typical activities that are performed during the qualification process.

Combining several properties, you are able to better segment your database, and in particular your leads.

Cheers!

stjepan_hubspot_forum_footer.png

BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

Lead status best usages

SOLVE

Hi @RSiddula , I hope you are doing great.

To start, I believe once your supervisor sees a strong reason to start using the lead status property, he won't resist your using it. After all, everyone wants the growth of their organization. It's a beautiful thing that you already make use of the deal stages, and pipeline configuration too, I assume. 

The lead status property is effective especially when you are trying to send tailored content and create a personalized experience for your contacts based on where they are in their customer/user journey. I often recommend using the lifecycle stage property together with the lead status for better nurturing. Hubspot has lifecycle stages properties like subscriber, lead (MQL & SQL), opportunity, customers, and evangelists. Below is a snapshot showing the default Hubspot lead status:

BukunmiOdetayo_0-1642675022416.png

Of course, you are allowed to customize these properties to suit your need. So, there are times when not every one of your contact needs to hear what you want to say, and having your lead status updated and functional will help you determine who should hear a particular piece of information you want to pass across. These enhance your analytics, performance and help you win the trust of your contacts more when they receive what they need at every point in time throughout their interactions with you. 

To aid you further, I have this guide that explains the lead status and lifecycle stages more, as well as this guide that tells you how to manage your sales process with the lead status property.

Let me know if my reply helps you. 

All the best,

Bukunmi

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.