HubSpot Ideas

AKettula

User rights for "meetings" / Limit "meetings" from "Search HubSpot" results

As of today, limiting user rights to "contacts/companies/deals/tickets - they own" does not hide meetings logged to contacts/companies/deals/tickets users do not own from the "Search HubSpot" results these users see.

This means that even though a user is not allowed to see a company record, when they search HubSpot, search results enable users to see meetings logged to said companies including attendees, dates, durations and most importantly descriptions.

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 10.27.18.png

Our customer has very strict legal requirements of what information select user groups are allowed to see. We need either...

1) a way to control a team's search results of the "Search HubSpot" search (similar to as described here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/HubSpot-Search-results-view-customization/idi-p/96326...).

or

2) a way to control the user rights for "meetings" to "owned, team owns, everything".

This is a urgent must have.

5 Replies
laurabren
Contributor

@AKettula this is SUCH a great post/idea! We're having this issue as well -- search results are "clogged" with records users would otherwise not be able to see. I do see the value in this to some extent (for certain use cases), however it would be great if it were an additional permission level (e.g. "also hide from search results") as you have noted.

Definitely giving a +1 here!

Jnix284
Hall of Famer | Elite Partner

@CommunityTeam I'm fairly certain this wasn't the case before the recent changes to global search and think it would be helpful to escalate this to the team internally. Meeting descriptions didn't use to surface like this in search, it's great that they're added, but they should respect permissions - this can cause major compliance implications for many users.

AKettula
Participant | Diamond Partner

Thank you to the product development team! Also thank you to @laurabren & @Jnix284 for the support. Our customer's notable pain point was removed with the "View Meeting Permission" BETA update 👏👏👏

I have to admit it is an enticing thought that HubSpot would have reacted this quicky to one's proposal 😅 but this topic must have already been in the works. Fantastic of HubSpot to have launched updated permissions!

Jnix284
Hall of Famer | Elite Partner

@AKettula I'm glad to hear that the permissions beta resolves the global search issue, it does sometimes feel like magic when the changes you need happen although this beta was released at the end of May 😉

AKettula
Participant | Diamond Partner

Oh man, I caught this one just late enough, it seems 😅🙈 well...most important is that the issue is resolved! Great & important product update 👍