HubSpot Ideas

GEiselt

Update property prompts for custom object pipeline stages

Just like in the Deal object, it'd be great if we could have the option to prompt users to check or fill in specific properties when they move a record to a specified pipeline stage in custom object pipelines.

22 Replies
JBrillinger
Participant

THIS IS CRITICAL! Yes please.

CBell81

I agree, this functionality is critical. Can it be done via API?

CGoodwinOlsen
Contributor

This is very critical functionality, I'm very disappointed to find that it's not possible!  Surely this is a low hanging fruit to implement..?

Our use case is: we are implementing a custom object ("Projects") to follow up our post-sales onboarding process.  As with Deals, there is different information gathered at the different stages of the process which we have intended to make mandatory depending on the pipeline stage.  For example, you shouldn't be able to set a Project to pipeline stage "Installation" if a property called "Installation Date" is not completed. 

(I guess we can use workflows to address this, but that is a much less intuitive solution for the end user 😞  For example, workflow trigger is "Project status is set to 'Installation'" and "property 'Installation Date' is not known" - workflow action is to set the status back to the previous pipeline stage + send a notification to the project owner)

SJoshi94

Yes this is needed badly please!

KSchmidt8
Participant

Yes agree this is necessary! We are using workflow to validate conditionally required fields.  It is very cumbersome.

BZimmermann
Member | Diamond Partner

I don't understand why there are not the same features here as in a sales or ticket pipeline (automate and mandatory properties). I would be very grateful if these are added!😊

TErickson_OW
Participant

This would be exceptional for Lead Status Changes. We would love to have it prompt for the re-engagement date

RichardDiks

Yes, I would need feature as well to streamline our team within our process on individual steps.

AKitay

Would love to see this update soon!

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Has there been any movement on this? Can it be done via API? HubSpot support is telling me yes, but I am not finding it in the schema to do so...but maybe I'm overlooking it. 

@dennisedson

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team

Hey!

This is on  the roadmap and actively being investigated.  No timeline as of yet, but I wanted you to know that the team is on it!

MrHolmes

@dennisedson Any news on timings? I have several projects that could do with this function today.

joseadiazc

Hey @Josh, did you manage to do this through the API? Couldn't find anything myself 😐

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @joseadiazc,

Unfortunately I have not found a way to do this via API or otherwise. 

PGohari
Participant

Absolutely necessary, please add this faeture. 

GEiselt
Contributor

Bumping this up. Last update was early August, any word on projected timeline?

Peter_Jones

Need this, it'd be great Hubspot to know if this functionality will be added.

As there are needs to require certain fields to be populated while moving through a deal pipeline, there are also required fields when moving through custom pipelines.

StanBartczak
Participant | Diamond Partner

We need this for multiple clients. Please consider speeding this up

Lofman
Member | Platinum Partner

This is absolutely essential when using a custom object! HubSpot sells a custom object as identical to a regular object, but with these restrictions that is just not true... 

ahashimi

Recently upgraded to custom objects with the expectation that the custom object pipelines behaved the same way as default object pipelines, disappointed to learn that this isn't the truth. The inability to update stage properties and set them as required is going to cause us issues moving forward, please provide an update on the status of this feature addition, it's a necessity to scale any system using custom objects.