HubSpot Ideas

James_C

Ticket Owner - "Assign to me" button

It would be nice if there was a button that you click next to "Ticket Owner" that says "Assign to me" and that sets you as the owner and autosaves it as well.

It seems like something so little however over time it would save a bit of time. As it is right now, if you are taking a ticket from the unassigned queue, you have to click on the ticket owner, type your own name, hit enter or click on yourself, then save.

This would also be useful for those that use Deals and maybe for Companies or Contacts.

13 Replies
justintanamai

Yes, that will be a great help to my team as well. Please add this feature in.

lukecro
Participant

An "Assign to me" button would be great. 

I agree that the current method of having to search for one's own name over and over again when assigning tickets, contacts, and deals is very cumbersome...

I mean, it's easy for a one-off case, but when reps are working with hundreds of tickets a day, it cumulatively adds up to a lot of wasted time that a simple "Assign to me" button would make much easier.

GBarfoot

Please add this feature - It would be really useful and a time saver.

MPrice03

Please add this feature. It would save time for all our users. Second option could be to have each user name as first on the list  as a default.

Thank you. 

KJ667

Please add this feature. It would save time for all our users. Second option could be to have each user name as first on the list  as a default.

Thank you. 

ADymock

Yes, Please add this feature. It would save time for all our users. Second option could be to have each user name as first on the list  as a default.

Thank you. 

JHarris43

Thank you. 

Also please can you look at being able to close mutiple tickets at one time ??

MMusante

Please allow single tickets selected or bulk tickets selected to be quickly assigned to "Me."  Also when a ticket is open and you click on Ticket Owner, if there is no owner, please put a "Me" at the top like there is for filtering views.  Thanks!

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Ah yes this would be sweet! Was looking for it today. Takes 3 clicks and some typing to find yourself amongst 50+ users.

OBuck

I do not know why HubSpot has not implemented this. For users that process multiple tickets a day this would take a 4x step process into 1x click. Currently everyone has to find their name, set themselves as owner and save the ticket.

This would be such a minor improvement that can help so many people in many areas of every company that used HubSpot for it's innovational and collaborative approach.

Bob2245

@OBuck we've solved for this with a custom CRM card that has self-assign buttons. They immediately self-assign the ticket and put it in a particular status (Status field itself is not editable by support agents):

Bob2245_0-1702038117274.png

MMusante

@Bob2245 How do we implement this?  There is nothing in the help about "custom CRM card." Thanks!

Bob2245

@MMusante You can build custom CRM cards on Sales and Service Enterprise. See this article.

It would of course be much better to have this as a default button or feature, but if you have the resources (i.e. a developer), building something like this isn't too complex.