HubSpot Ideas

SJönsson

Thumbnails to blogpost whe sharing on social media

Settings for featured image on social media
When creating a blogpost it would be fantastic to have a feature that makes it easy to change the featured image for social media. As it is today in the settings for featured image, it also changes the top image of the blogpost.

This is how we want the blogpost to look like
This is how we want the blogpost to beThis is how we want the blogpost to be
And then it would be great to choose a featured image for social media in the settings like this for example

As it is today, when I choose the one with text, it also changes the featured image for the whole blogpostAs it is today, when I choose the one with text, it also changes the featured image for the whole blogpost
But when we do that, the blogpost looks like this. .....so it looks like this. Her we want just a clear image.....so it looks like this. Her we want just a clear image

So, we want 1 top featured image on the blog, and when we link to the blogpost on any social media platform, we want it to be another one. 
So the oppertunity to have another image for the thumbnail on social media platforms.

Here is an example of how it would work on LinkedIn from LinkedIn

This is how it's todayThis is how it's todayThis is how we want it to beThis is how we want it to be

Why?

Different thumbnails for different platforms are important, and if we can have settings like that directly when creating a blogpost in HubSpot we ensure that we avoid manual errors and mistakes.

2 Replies
AnettMichael

We have the same problem. It would be very useful if we could manually set a featured image for social media (that is different from the featured image that appears on the blog overview page). It is already possible to manually add an og:image tag. But this added tag does not replace the one that is automatically set by the blog. It would be great if HubSpot could change this. 

LEhrenfeldner

The strange thing is, that I am able to set another Feature image for my Social Media post which is also correctly displayed in the post preview. But as soon as the post is shared via hubspot it switches to the Feature image from the Blog. It would be great if Hubspot could fix this.