HubSpot Ideas

MBoshoff

Text as conditional fields in forms

Having a text section appear as conditional based on a selection within a form would be great! 

For example:

Solution required {Option1}; {Option2}

If {Option2} is selected show this line of text: xxxxx

11 Replies
danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

This would be great for giving an answer to a dependent property, not just asking the next question. Love it! 

Otterbot
Contributor

100x YES for this feature.

brycekunkel
Contributor

This is very standard among form solutions... very surprised that Hubspot doesn't have this.

Vladyslav

This is exactly what we need as well - the rich text property as a dependent field in the form. This way the form could not just collect the info, but also be sort of an instruction - if you clicked "a" the appeared dependent field provides you with some instructions on this regard. 

jjones41
Contributor

100% agree with this.
We'd like to use a "Is this product right for me?" style form. We've found that one of our main conversion forms attracts an audience we can't support. We'd really like to be able to identify these users in one or two questions at the start of the form and then surface appropriate text to give them a good next step when they are outside the scope of what that product can serve. I'd love to do this direclty on the form, but even if I could have conditional post-form redirects, we'd be able to get this done in a way that better serves our teams, customers, and these (frustrated) users.

GEastham
Participant

Is this a reality yet? it should be!  Could 100% use this feature, thanks!

MUlmann

this is exactly what i need

Brynley

+1 would really appreciate this.

Mchlvnbvrn

+1 need this.

Fio007

This would be perfect, since I can't stop users filling the form also if they select not in target options, at least I would be able to tell them!

jjones41
Contributor

I see that conditional redirects were added to Forms recently, and that can be very useful here. However, that feature was put behind a Sales Enterprise paywall, which I don't really understand. Forms are generally understood to be a Marketing feature (even in the system, they are controlled through Marketing permissions), and we have Marketing Enterprise. Why would this require Sales Enterprise? That's a bummer.