HubSpot Ideas

aguth

Set sender = Contact owner if contact is enrolled into a sequence from workflow

Hi HubSpot,

I'm experimenting with automating first interactions and call invitations of our sales team via a toolset consisting of lead processing workflow and sequences.

I realiezed that there is no such option as setting the contact owner as sender of (emails in) a sequence, I have to pre-define sender here:

aguth_1-1637586283287.png

The opportinity to enroll contacts into a sequence is great but without the sender = contact owner it means that I have to create as many branches as sales colleagues, which makes my worklfow a giant, and pretty inconvenient to maintain.

Please consider enabling sender = contact owner option here.

13 Replies
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @aguth 

Thank you for reaching out!

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting and commenting this Idea in our Ideas Forum which is similar to what you'd like to do. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

aguth
Participant

Hi Tiphaine,

Not really, because for the sake of transparency and maintainabiliy I'd like to regulate this from within the workflow that I create  for the lead processing anyways, way beyond activating emaill automations. I upvoted the referred feature idea but I don't know if the functionality you are working on would resolve my challenge.

ZviPardes
Contributor

The fact that this feature is anyways only available to Enterprise level workflows is very frustrating. I simply do NOT understand why you cannot enroll contacts in a sequence and simply set the sender. 
We are a marketing team of one (me) and a sales team that is busy selling and not so technologically engaged...
It's disappointing.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @aguth @ZviPardes 

I'm sorry for the frustration caused here, in that case, I'd recommend posting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it; and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Aprinczkel
Participant

Makes sense

aguth
Participant

Hi HubSpot,

I'm experimenting with automating first interactions and call invitations of our sales team via a toolset consisting of lead processing workflow and sequences.

I realiezed that there is no such option as setting the contact owner as sender of (emails in) a sequence, I have to pre-define sender here:

aguth_0-1638194277002.png

The opportunity to enroll contacts into a sequence is great but without the sender = contact owner it means that I have to create as many branches as sales colleagues, which makes my worklfow a giant, and pretty inconvenient to maintain.

Please consider enabling sender = contact owner option here.

btuttle279
Contributor

@aguth Your idea is exactly what I am looking for. Why this isnt already default is confusing to me. I have a lot of reps, so using a workflow to enroll them in a sequence, and having to do an if/then for each rep is super manual. This would save so much time.

JWarren8
Participant

Upvote!

RPeck

This is also an issue for our company.  It does not make sense to me to not have the option to select the Contact Owner as the Sender.

GLilienfeld

I'm also super confused why we have to hardcode the sender vs. using the contact owner

cfriedman_venn

Hard coding the sender presents a number of issues when trying to scale. Going to have to move sequences over to Apollo where both the UI and API allow contacts to be enrolled and the sender does not have to be defined statically. Simply allow the workflow component to send from "Contact Owner" will solve this problem. 

basho
Participant

Yes this is a key feature that would be great to have!

adimarino
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community!

I am moving this idea to the 'Delivered' stage as the ability to send a sequence on behalf of a contact owner when enrolling via a workflow is now live. For more detail, please see my updates on this ideas forum thread. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback!

Best,
Ana