HubSpot Ideas

SMeyerSuarez

Save emails not only to contact but also to the right custom object

Hi 

Our client would love to match/save e-mails not only to contacts in the HubSpot CRM, but also to the specific Custom Object by checking the email subject or the email text. 

For example: If my customer imports all his elevators as custom objects and each elevator has a unique number EQXXX, he would love to save the emails which contain the EQXXX number in the email subject line or in the email text to the right EQ by matching this number. 

Can you put some time and effort to fulfill this clients need. I think this is a very important subject for many clients. Thank you so much. 

Best regards, 
Sarah 

3 Replies
KBecker3
Member | Platinum Partner

Very good idea. 

Branatee

This gap in functionality is one of the most frustrating obstacles for my team in using HubSpot. The Custom Objects we use are vastly more important to our Customer team than any other record, and it's highly important that emails are tracked to the right one. 

Right now, that means we have to go in and associate them by hand, and I think no one will be surprised to learn about half the team doesn't actually do. This is a super important feature that I hope is added soon. 

BLewty
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agree with this idea. We have several clients where this functionality would be beneficial.