HubSpot Ideas

keristavro1

Reduce Pop Up Form Trigger time

Now that pop up forms can be used for more than just lead caputre, it would be beneficial to be able to adjust the trigger time to less than the required 7 seconds.

We can now use these pop ups for notices, or to suggest more content, and in these cases, having the pop up available immediately would be ideal.

15 Replies
Mark5
Member | Diamond Partner

100% agree. The dropdowns would be very helpful to be shown automatically on site arrival, which could act as alert banners for customer bulletins and important news. The 7 second minimum doesn't work for clients, who need it to appear immediately.

sarahlati

Absolutely agree with this request! We've run into the same issue of 7 seconds not being immediate enough for an important notice pop-up. Please adjust the minimum!

CMoynihan

100% agree. The default at the moment is set to exit intent which is crazy. Nobody would see the banner at all with this setting.

Lilyks
Participant

Also 100% agree. 7 seconds is not soon enough for our clients, immediately or 2-3 seconds after website entrance would be ideal. 

MElliott

Great idea - not sure why there needs to be a 7 second delay - I'd like to see the pop-ups appear immediately.

SakshiB

Yes please, we do need this. I created a slide in pop up form for a resource download. It takes so long to load on the website. While it gets loaded, the users drop off

JBeckmann

100% agree. Immediately would be great!

CDow
Participant | Elite Partner

Just stumbled accross this looking for a resolution. I agree! +1

megankeleshian
Participant | Diamond Partner

100% agree, would like to see this updated

NMouledous

Users have been asking for this since at least 2020. HubSpot??

mcasper78
Member | Diamond Partner

Still need this feature. Why so hard to get it done already?

PaulaJH

Agree! This seems like an easy fix and it's so needed.

JIbrahim9

100% agree. 

MElliott

@hubspot Can you let us know if you are working on this issue?

PhilippWeber

I agree. 7 seconds is too long. I would also suggest implementing a function to make it impossible for the visitor to click the pop-up away. Therefore, the visitor has to sign up to watch the page. This is very helpful when it comes to whitepaper, for example. For a whitepaper you want to hide it behind a Data-Wall to generate leads - this could be a nice solution for a "Lead Gen Form"-Feature.