HubSpot Ideas

TAult

Provide Email tracking using Outlook for Mac

The Office 365 add in does not support the new Outlook for Mac.  Tracking of emails in HubSpot is not enabled.  The old MacOS version supported this.

62 Replies
JDavison

Email tracking does not appear to be working in 'New Outlook' for Mac. The HubSpot integration is being used and both logging and tracking are selected but the email is only logged and not tracked.

I have tried emailing various accounts and it does not track. If you revert back to the 'Old' Outlook for Mac it works fine. Issue seems to be with 'New Outlook' for Mac.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager

Hi @JDavison,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

This is the "New Outlook for Mac" that Microsoft started to roll out in October last year? 

Do you see any errors in the HubSpot Sales add-in? Is the HubSpot icon grayed out? 

Could you also check if the tracking is on in the add-in settings?

Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

JDavison

Yes that is it! There are no errors as far as I can tell, the icon is not greyed out, and the tracking is enabled in the setting menu. 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager

I see, thank you for clarifying @JDavison

I was able to confirm that our Office 365 add-in unfortunately does not support the new Outlook for Mac.

Currently, there is no set timeline to change that, therefore we recommended to revert to one of the supported versions of Outlook for Mac found in the table I linked above to be able to use all of the add-in's functionalities.

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 11.17.33 1.png

Thank you for your understanding! 

Mia, Community Team 

SRuston

How have you not tested the new version of Mac Outlook? This is a disgrace 

Belem
Member | Partner

Hi,

The support team confirm that tracking is not working at all onto "new Outlook".

Just waiting that Mcirosfot and Hubspot sync each others to find a way to adapt the tracking issue.

Have a good day.

ob241
Participant

Hi there,

Any updates on this at all? @MiaSrebrnjak when can we expect the "new Outlook for Mac" to be properly supported by the HubSpot add-in? I'm honestly rather surprised and disappointed by this, surely a huge proportion of your client-base are using this setup (myself included).

Thanks!

SRuston

Wait until you try to add Multiple Office 365 email accounts and have paid for Enterprise to get SSO, that doesn't work either. You have to turn off SSO, add the extra accounts then reenable it or you just keep signing into the account that you use for SSO. Hubspot really is poor and the testing seems to be very shoddy

SRuston

Mia, sharing a page that says it's not supported when Outlook for Mac new version is a year old isn't a good enough excuse. 

DHoffmann

I agree and am having the same issue. I'd prefer Hubspot work with Microsoft to fix this.

jag1

Any update on this? This is ridiculous. My Outlook signature disappears and I cannot even get the tracking working. Such basic functionality. Please get your product team back from vacation.

AGordon90

It's very frustrating that HubSpot hasn't updated the software yet to work with the new Outlook. Unfortunately, I failed to recognize it worked only with the old version and spent the last 4 hours troubleshooting. A lot of frustration after speaking to 2 HubSpot techs and reading/testing many different things. Please fix soon, HubSpot

AKyle

Has there been a fix for this? I have not been able to track emails for a very long time. Just figured out I had to switch back to the old outlook. I HATE it! Please tell me there is a fix.

Amigouët

I confirm that it is a very disabling bug on Mac.

tcross81
Participant

This issue of not tracking email for new Outlook for Mac needs to be addressed. It still does not work. The text selected in the red box does not even exist on that page anymore.
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/connected-email/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

ob241
Participant

Hi Mia,

Following up on this as Outlook is now pushing me towards the new version. This banner is now appearing in my Outlook; it reads "The new version [of Outlook] will launch the next time Outlook starts". I am extremely reluctant to switch to the new Outlook for Mac before this compatability issue is sorted, but quite honestly the onus is on you guys to upgrade your compatability. Surely a massive proportion of your user base are using Outlook on Mac? Could you escalate this to make sure we are not in a situation where the old Outlook is no longer accessable to us while HubSpot is not compatabile with the new Outlook? Thank you!

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 20.27.21.png

tcross81
Participant

"The onus in on you guys". You are 1000% correct. New Outlook for Mac has been out for over a year and it is now the default experience in the Current Channel.

According to the post below you will still be able to change back to legacy, but for how long?
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/outlook-blog/get-ready-for-the-new-outlook-for-mac/ba-p/28977...

At least someone, preferably a developer, respond on the status.

Based on how long New Outlook for Mac has been available, my guess is that they can't figure it out or its just flat out not possible. No one from HubSpot just wants to come out and say it.

AKyle

I just put in a support ticket (8am EST), as we need to know asap what is going on. #9459077 i have no idea if you can check in as we progress with the issue. 

tcross81
Participant

Here is the response I got from HubSpot yesterday:

"HubSpot has previously recommended to revert to one of the supported versions of Outlook for Mac.

This is a feature request that has been submitted (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Provide-Email-tracking-using-Outlook-for-Mac/idc-p/56...), and is something we will need to continue to work through with Microsoft directly (which can be rather difficult).

I definitely see why this would be a great feature to have. I will pass along this feedback to my team and I can also suggest reaching out and posting on our ideas forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas Here, customers are encouraged to post and vote on ideas as our developers will look to these ideas when making updates in the tool. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding here and I will also be sure to put this ticket through as a feature request."

At this point you might have better luck searching LinkedIn and trying to contact everyone that works for HubSpot that has an important sounding job title. At my previous job a co-worker told me he did something similiar to fix an issue he was working on for months with regular HubSpot support.

mauroconta
Participant

I have the same problem on Mac.