HubSpot Ideas

stene

Make rich text properties available in forms

Rich text properties are now out of beta. Great 🙂 

It would be great to also being able to use these properties in forms 🙂

12 Replies
JohnUtah

Yes! This will really help us auto-populate use-cases and testimonials when we send users a form to fill out.

S-JSmith

Seriously. I am so close to being done with Hubspot. I spent an ENTIRE WORK DAY creating elaborate custom properties with the sole purpose of using them in a form for my client to provide rich text answers. I wasted a day yet again trying to make this platform work for me, and it failed me again. It's bad enough with all the things I can't do with the starter hub as a solopreneur. This is ridiculous.

therealjc

Is this underway?

Vladyslav

Please, make it happen. This way form could be used to guide and instruct the customer as he/shi fills out the form. 

MWWesterterp
Contributor

Would this be possible one day? 

Did you all find a workaround for this issue? 
I am thinking about using an extern form editor and save it in a hubspot property. 

juliancadaza

For us attorneys, this feature would be invaluable. There are times when we require in-depth and comprehensive answers about a case, and this tool could significantly enhance our efficiency. 

VAyala

This is a great idea.  We have Internal Request forms that create Support Tickets for us in HubSpot and it would save everyone so much time if the staff submitting the request could include screen shots or images in a Rich Text field property on the form itself.

AnitaMG
Participant

I am so suprised this function is missing from HubSpot, would be a basic requirement of all property types could be visible in Forms. I just wanted to use this function to redirect contacts to other site based on a logical connection. Any news if this is in the radar of the product developers?

Thanks

socialspace

Really really need this. The basic ticket description property on forms can't be used to paste in images, indent code, etc.

MWWesterterp
Contributor

Hi All,

I managed to get a working rich text editor via the Quill Js: https://quilljs.com/
Via javascript I copy the content of the quill editor in a large textarea of a hubspot form. (load the form via javascript, not the hubl).

// Function to handle the input in the quill-editor:
function saveContent() {
var editorContent = document.getElementById('editor');
editorContentRaw = editorContent.querySelector(".ql-editor").innerHTML;
let formField = document.querySelector("textarea[name='profile_discription_rich']")
// Create a temporary div element and set its innerHTML
const tempDiv = document.createElement('div');
tempDiv.innerHTML = editorContentRaw;
// Get the innerHTML of the temporary div and set it as the textarea's value
formField.value = tempDiv.innerHTML;
}

Good luck creating something for yourself!

Marieke

MMcIntyre59

My client wants this as well.  This would be a very helpful en_hancement to our existing support request form.

jbotelho
Contributor

Adding my support for this functionality.