HubSpot Ideas

glencornell

Drill-downs for Sequences Open/Click Reporting

There's no way to see the contacts that are actually opening, clicking, replying, and booking meetings on sequences. This report is currently only helpful for evaluating the effectiveness of a sequence but it does not allow users to take action from the report, or  understand the full picture of who is interacting with templates within the sequence. 

Users need the ability to click the % and see a list of the contacts that have opened or clicked the specific sequence.

Sequences___HubSpot.png

HubSpot Updates
July 20, 2021 05:23 AM

@sboug 

All data has been backfilled, so you'll see all the interactions prior to the update as well!

Delivered
July 19, 2021 12:17 PM

Hi Community!

The most recent 'Overview' page is now live to all, so I'm updating this idea to delivered to avoid any confusion related to continuing to cycle this idea through betas.

This is not the end of our development related to this issue, so below I'll outline some of the next updates coming and 'Ideas" to follow.

Now, when you go to Sequences in the navigation, you'll land on an Overview page, with , clickable summary of all sequences data in a datawell report, and a list of 'top enrollments' based on clicks and opens across the entire portal in a second report. Both of these reports can be filtered by 'Sender', 'Status', 'Sequence', and 'Enrollment dates' and searchable by 'Company name'. We are considering this page a "minimum viable product" (MVP) , which means we still have plans to update the information shown in this Overview, and potentially the functionality of these reports. Some areas in particular that we think still need work include increasing the types of reports shown here, adding more options for customization, and the ability to take bulk actions from the contacts once you drill into a metric. I'm continuing to monitor comments here for feedback on this update as we consider improvements!

There is still a lot more work that needs to be done and is currently being prioritized in regards to Sequences analytics. Below I've outlined some of our next projects and top priorties in Sequences.

1. Improvements to sequences analytics on the individual sequence summary page

- I've created this page to track some updates we plan to make on reporting for the individual sequence page

2. Create a contact list from a sequence or sequences

- Next on our priorities will be the provide the ability to use sequence data when building lists and workflows

3. The ability to use sequence behavior in workflows

In Beta
June 30, 2021 07:45 AM

Hi Community! Another exciting update, we now have a new "Overview" page in sequences that will give you a full explorable view of your sequences, the contacts enrolled in sequences, and the interactions like opens, clicks, replies and more. This is now in an open beta! If you'd like access contact your customer success representative or contact support to request access!

Explained more in this loom video:

https://www.loom.com/share/86ba91e460f642c3a72041a89154b74f

Sequences___HubSpot.jpgSequences___HubSpot.jpg

In Beta
June 09, 2021 01:02 PM

Hi Community! 

I wanted to share another update on some of our progress and developments in improving the ability to find view contacts that are engaging with sequence emails through things like opens and clicks. This update is not in Beta, but will be soon! I know it's a little confusing due to the status of this Idea being "In beta" - this is because there are multiple features involved with the idea!

We will be adding some new reports in sequences, on a new Overview tab, with metrics that can all be drilled down into for more information. See this screenshare with details: https://www.loom.com/share/60d9298c868740c3b3903cf33dc4b20e

I will update here once this is in beta and available! We expect another couple of weeks before we'll have this ready. 

IMAGE BELOW IS NOT IN BETA YET, BUT WILL BE SOON:

Sequences_overview.jpg

In Beta
May 07, 2021 05:58 AM

Happy Friday Community! 

Here's an update on our work to improve the reporting capabilities in Sequences and 

Sequences data in the custom report builder is now out to all customers with access to Sequences!

We were getting some questions about where the open and click data was in the custom report builder. One important thing to know is that the open and click information is under the Email dataset on the custom report builder. You will need to select 'Sales Email' and filter by the Sequence properties there. Here's a short demo/explanation: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/24fg6yaWcVM3Dsyr23jTrL?

I'd also like to share an update on some of the new Analytics features we are adding in Sequences. These updates are still in development, the images show in this clip are just prototpes and not our software (yet!). If you've been following since the last update, you'll notice some changes - as we have now progressed in development and have a more clear picture for what the first iteration will look like: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/7vbK9wZ7b98QmBPSRpBbpe?

In Beta
April 09, 2021 01:08 PM

We now have the sequences and email data in custom reporting ready and available for beta testing, and will soon roll out to call customers. In the next week we can provide access to folks who request through their point of contact here at HubSpot! This will include the ability to build custom reports using sequences data as well as build reports showing contacts that have clicked or open sequences.

There are some more updates we are still planning, which will include a dashboard with visibility into engagements like opens and clicks directly from Sequences. This will be a work in progress for the coming weeks, but I can give a peek as to what we are planning here (please note, that this could change as we go!):

https://www.loom.com/share/5046bd3952d449b495cfc3319e11cdee

In Planning
March 29, 2021 12:23 PM

Hi Community!

Sorry for missing the update 2 weeks back, here's some more news on our progress.

Sequences custom reports: In closed beta (internal testing)

Sequences data is now in the custom report builder and we are currently running tests with the data. It should be a matter of days or weeks before this will be available! This data includes the ability to build custom reports using sequences events such as enrolled, replied, step executed, and much more. Along with this data, we will also be providing Email data for opens and clicks, which can be sorted by Sequence enrollment. All of this will be available through the custom report builder, meaning that reports can be built, drilled into, and exported. Here's a video with more information and details on this:

https://www.loom.com/share/d9fe14b768a64c1d97167bf8fe9ff907

Sequences contact properties:  In closed beta (backfilling data)

We also have a number of new contact properties that will soon be available to all. We are still backfilling the data here, so once that is done we will be able to begin rolling these properties out to your accounts. These properties are designed to give you more context about sequence enrollments on contact records. These are the first of a number of new properties that we plan to include. The current properties in progress include:

1. Last sequence enrolled
  2. Last sequence enrolled date
  3. Last sequence ended date
  4. Number of sequences enrolled

Here's a clip sharing what this looks like in my personal portal:

https://www.loom.com/share/38cc4d3318544953b1623a057dd92cca

Excited to get this out to you all in the coming days and weeks! 

Best,

Glen

In Planning
February 28, 2021 09:04 AM

Hi Community, 

An update from our progress in the last 2 weeks. 

We have made great progress in adding sequences data to the new Custom Report Builder in HubSpot. This will allow folks the ability to build custom reports cross-object reports using sequences data. We plan for this update to be ready within the next month.

We are making good progress on bringing over open/click/reply/bounce "event" data into Sequences reporting, to make our data in sequences cross-referenceable with the associated Contact objects. Once we have done this, we will be able to make this data interactable, allowing folks to drill down and view the specific contacts

With this same data we are developing a 'history log' concept that will serve as a timeline of all relevant "events" that fire for a sequence enrollment. The goal of this history log will be to serve as a timeline of every interaction that has occured during the span of a sequence enrollment. We will be treating this as an experiment to to iterate and improve on how we display sequences data, and I will provide details on how to participate here when that is ready. This will come after the Custom Report Builder is ready.

Thanks again for your patience and excitement for these updates, I will post here again as we progress.

Best,

Glen

In Planning
February 08, 2021 06:08 PM

Hi Community! 

Thanks for continuing to follow this issue, and I apologize for the time it has taken the last several months. I want to assure you that this continues to be a top priority, and although there have been some setbacks, are continuing to make progress and still plan to provide this functionality in Sequences reports, Lists, Workflows, and custom reports in the reporting dashboard. Due to some internal dependencis across multiple teams, I need to refrain from providing any direct time estimates on this project, but I can assure you all that this is a top priority for Sequences. 

Going forward I will be provide updates every 2-3 weeks to keep everyone in the loop and provide information once there are new related features in beta or in production.

Thanks,

Glen

In Planning
October 27, 2020 07:18 AM

Hi Community! 

I appreciate all of your patience on this issue as we reviewed and planned in these past couple of months. There are several reporting updates we have planned that will be rolling out in the coming weeks and months, which will impact the following Ideas in the community:

We are in the progress of adding sequences to the custom report builder, which will allow users to create custom, sophiticated, "drill-downable" reports for sequences to be added to the dashboard and report library. In order to do this, we have been going through a long process of migrating sequences data to our reporting platform, which will begin to unlock more platform capabilities.

We then plan to also follow-up with new Contact properties related to sequences, which should give you the ability to filter contacts based on sequence enrollment, and based on engagements like "opens" and "clicks" within a sequence. We'll next be able to follow with new sequences-specific properties that will be accessible in Lists, Workflows, and Reports!

Finally, we plan to make some larger changes to the report that currently exists in the Sequences section of HubSpot. This will likely include updates to the report layout, and when completed will also include the ability to drill down into the contacts that have opened a clicked.

We are very excited and eager to work on these updates, and I will follow-up on this and the other ideas forums posts when we have more to share!

Best,

Glen

Being Reviewed
April 09, 2020 10:55 AM

Hey Community! 

Thanks for all the feedback, suggestions, and passion around this sequences reporting idea. I wanted to give an update for you all so you have a better idea for where this falls in our planning.

We initially proactively created this idea because we believe that all sales metrics, wherever possible, should be accessible for drill-downs. We still believe this, and are still planning un providing better insights here. For that reason, we are planning a broader update to sequences reporting across the board in 2020. Some of these changes will results in new properties available for creating lists and filters, others will allow for new functions in the custom report builder. Within our Sequences user interface, where this specific report lives, we are planning to do some overall restructuring of the reporting section as a whole. With this, we plan to provide more categories/metric, better management of enrollments, including some bulk actions, the ability to drill down into metrics and other types of functions that we still need to evaluate.

Unfortunately, in order to improve reporting as a whole in the longer term, we've delayed making this change in the first half of 2020. I will update again here once we are making meaningful progress in reporting updates for sequences.

Thank you all for your patience!

Best,

Glen

March 24, 2020 06:41 AM

Hey Community! 

Thanks for all the feedback, suggestions, and passion around this sequences reporting idea. I wanted to give an update for you all so you have a better idea for where this falls in our planning.

We initially proactively created this idea because we believe that all sales metrics, wherever possible, should be accessible for drill-downs. We still believe this, and are still planning un providing better insights here. For that reason, we are planning a broader update to sequences reporting across the board in 2020. Some of these changes will results in new properties available for creating lists and filters, others will allow for new functions in the custom report builder. Within our Sequences user interface, where this specific report lives, we are planning to do some overall restructuring of the reporting section as a whole. With this, we plan to provide more categories/metric, better management of enrollments, including some bulk actions, the ability to drill down into metrics and other types of functions that we still need to evaluate.

Unfortunately, in order to improve reporting as a whole in the longer term, we've delayed making this change in the first half of 2020. I will update again here once we are making meaningful progress in reporting updates for sequences.

Thank you all for your patience!

Best,

Glen

In Planning
April 11, 2019 06:25 AM

151 Replies
DavidSh

I would like to be able to see a list of which contacts have opened an email in a Sequence. Filtering exists for many other metrics, but not for opens. It seems to be an obvious need - after all, when you use a Sequence, it is only logical to want to know who opened them. The overall open rate statistics are nice, but to close deals, I need to know which leads are opening the emails.

Please add such a simple filter. Apparently it exists in the Marketing Hub, so why not in Sales?

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Opens with an added 'Currently in sequence' filter is similar to the 'Recent sales emails clicked' criteria shown.HubSpot Sales Pro View Filters: Recent sales emails clickedHubSpot Sales Pro View Filters: Recent sales emails clicked

Hope that helps.

DavidSh

Thanks for your answer. What I really want is a simple way to look at the results of a Sequence and see who opened that particular sequence. In other words, there shouldn't be a need to go back to Contacts. Since the Sequence shows the percentage of opens, why won't it provide a list of the particular emails that make up that percentage? Just doesn't make sense. 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

nick-gat
Participant

Can we get the ability to report on how many contacts a user has enrolled in a sequence? We want to build lists based off this kind of activity but there doesn't seem to be a way to surface this kind of information.

Kmoloo
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

This will be really helpful to see.  As a workaround for the reporting not being in existence yet, I've been using the following process:

1. Create a new multiple checkbox custom property for "Sequence Membership"

2. Assign all contacts imported or included in the sequence a value (title of sequence) for that property.

3. Enroll contacts and run your sequence.

4. Create a filtered contact view with the following filters:

- Sequence membership is any of "[insert value for title of sequence]"

- Recent sales email open date is after "[insert date sequence started]"

Then, you can see who has opened emails from your sequence.  Hope this helps someone.

glaurain
Contributor

Providing which contacts opened which email in a sequence, as well as what links they clicked on (if any), is basic functionality required by Sales to be able to follow up with the contacts i.e. via phone or other prospecting means.

Thanks,

Gerard

bwagner

I find the Hubspot reporting for sequence tracking useful. However, I would like to see who comprises the group of "clicks" in each email that goes out.

Sequences___HubSpot.png

Your support team offered the following:

Currently there is not a way to create a list based off of contacts which have clicked on a link within a Sequence. In order to view which contacts have clicked on a link in the emails, this can be done by viewing the individual contact record, or by using your Activity Feed.

Blake-Digistorm

Seems very logical to view these since we are able to access open/clicks on single contacts. Can't believe this is not a functionailty yet it was first reported 2017? 

Please inform once this is completed. 

tpgoebel

Yes please! We'd like to contact people that opened our emails but didn't reply...

JosephFlahiff
Participant

Yes, please!!!!!

skyliem
Participant

At the moment in the Sequence overview page, we are able to filter:

• Enrolled, no response yet
  • Sequence ended, no response
  • Manually unenrolled
  • Contact booked meeting
  • Contact replied to email
  • Errors

but it is not possible to see which specific contacts have opened/clicked on emails in a sequence, only the generic open rate is available. It would be great to have these options.

------

At the moment the only way around would be to make a list where you use Recent Sales Email Open Rate is Known and Now in Sequence is True, but this won't be an efficient way to keep track as time progresses.

Or another workaround would be navigating to the contact records and examining the activity there in the Activity Feed.

ML88

Yes... please. Great idea. I'd use it. 

ValentineM

So far, when analysing templates and sequences, it is not possible to see unique opens or clicks, or replies. For example, if email "X" gets sent to one customer, and that customer opens it twice, it counts as 2 opens and 200% open rate. Which is not accurate. Would be much more accurate if opens/clicks/replies were actually given in terms of unique count. So following the example, with a 100% open rate.

christa
Contributor

This is very much needed for a Sales team to be effective with additional follow up. It looks like it's been in the 'in planning' since April 2019. Can we get an ETA on when this will go live or if there is a beta to check it out?

ddomroski

Yes!  It is critical to understand exactly which contacts are engaging with the sales sequences.  Please enable us.  

Susan42

Is there an update, timeline or beta on this feature?   

RJK
Participant

Hello,  I hope some progress is being made on this,,, seems the thread has dried up.  This is a logical and desirable feature,,, being able to prioritize follow ups.   Hard to believe this is not already built in, esp given the interest and length of time it's been under cosideration!!!

PMC
Participant

Is there any update on this feature? It seems to be a huge oversight that this isn't available and is critical to being able to prioritise follow up.

PMC
Participant

Also, is the same being looked at for stand-alone email templates that aren't in a sequence? At the moment, there isn't even a way of drilling down on who has been sent a sales email template, let alone viewed, clicked etc. Thanks