HubSpot Ideas

RafiPN

Delete form submissions

Often times we enter fake data into our own form to test workflows or we get spammed with fake accounts. I'd like the ability to delete form submissions so they don't impact the metrics.

400 Replies
JuliaBaas

We have a way to prevent your own test-form submissions from interferring with the accuracy of your analytics:

You can exclude your own IP address from analytics. In this way your test-form submission should be excluded from the form submission data. The test form submission itself will show, but it won't count for the metrics. In this way your data will be more accurate.

In this Knowledge Base article you can find how to exclude traffic from IP addresses: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/exclude-traffic-from-your-site-analytics

rockerst

Excluding IP addresses doesn't really work, because lots of my team work remotely and their IP address changes!   

allieccollins
Contributor

Seriously, IP blocking didn't even work that well before COVID, and it's utterly pointless now. 

amyleopold
Participant

IP blocking isn't an option for us - we have very high-security protocols that rotate our IP addresses and lots of remote workers. 

aottho
Participant

IP blocking also doesn't solve the spam problem at all.

Kieranf

100% need this functionality. It is imperative we test forms and cannot report accurately without additional manual workarounds to remove our test records. It looks like this has been changed to 'not currently planned' is this correct? 

reetsdrying

Yes, please please please, add this feature ASAP! We absolutely need a feature like this.

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@Tom Having test form submissions to ensure the process flow is set up correctly negatively effects reporting and analytics as well. Please come up with a process to complete test form submissions.

At the moment we don't have plans to allow the deletion of form submissions as this would negatively effect reporting and analytics within the forms tool. 

Allowing test submissions is something we've been discussing and we may address submission deletion or test submissions within the future, but for the moment we do not have plans to introduce this functionality within the near future. 

Kelan
Member | Partner

I agree this is must-have for true analytics.

@Tom  Leave it to us data managers to ensure our own quality of data. This limitation skews our actual data which drives workflows and actions from lists. 

Becca_R

We are experiencing issues redirecting a form completion to a new page so a HubSpot support member ran a test (thanks!). I am now unable to remove this test from our form submissions so it's going to impact our reporting. I tried to delete the record and was able to delete the contact, but now the submission record says, 'No contact record' which is confusing for anyone else in the company who wishes to review submissions. Kind Product Team, this is hindering analytics, rather than protecting them in this instance. 🙂

sammcewin
Participant | Partner

+1 for me for this.

melodie_hays

This feature would be so useful! 

jjanek
Contributor

We need this functionality as well. We manually have to export all of the data to remove our internal tests, competitors, etc. and this makes many of the Analytics feature pointless for us and adds significant time to our reporting workflows. Blocking IP addresses is difficult now that we're working from home, and because we need to test forms, IP blocking doesn't stop this as it is.

mano1982

This is a critical feature that is needed.  I don't understand why it is not in the list of future changes.  Also, this negatively affects the actual analytics as the results include the test entries.

RRaychinova

Needing the feature as well! We should have the option to delete test submissions (they same way we can delete contacts) for more accurate forms' reporting. Also, this may come as a form submission owner request and we need to be able to comply with the request! 🙂

Thank you

aottho
Participant

@Tom an update would be nice, instead of ignoring your users for months.
We would like to know that you at least understand the problem, or provide a better answer for why you will not solve it.

mschneider

Yes, that is a great point, @aottho! An update from Tom, and a better reason for not solving the issue, would be greatly appreciated. For a "world class" software, Hubspot is surely lacking on this simple feature, and responding to their paying users would be smart.

epodlewska

I want to suggest a new feature to the Hubspot forms that could enable deleting "unwanted" submissions from the record. By "unwanted", I mean the test submissions made by the team members. 

In my case, before we launched the promotion of the form, we did some internal tests and made test submissions by members of our team (to make sure everything is working correctly). I'd like to have an option to delete those submissions to have a real conversion rate that excludes our team's submissions. When I don't have this option, the conversion rate I see is not relevant, so it's hard to draw any conclusions. 

I think it would be helpful to add the option "delete submission" (of course, for the specific level of permission, not for everyone with access). I believe that plenty of marketers could benefit from this feature and would like to test out their forms before making them live (without compromising the relevancy of the conversion rates).  

Mícheál
HubSpot Product Team

I think the abiity to delete form submissions (especially test submissions) is a brilliant idea and would help for various reporting/analytics purposes 

AsherJac

Very important for us too. We want to test forms before sending them out. We want to be able to analyse the summary data collected within the form, without having to manually export, delete and reanalyse.

A way to exclude submissions from specific test users would be another way to acheive this.