HubSpot Ideas

Customer-facing Rollback Import

Hi HubSpot -

I signed us up for the Beta feature allowing for rollback of import and I noticed and was confirmed by HubSpot Tech that this feature is currently available to HubSpot Support.

I would like to suggest to make it available to HubSpot Admins/users too. That feature saved me hours of time in the past and is extremely helpful.

2 Replies
PHix
Participant

I would find this very useful. Having just had to manually delete contacts, companies, and deals imported from a poorly formatted csv, I can say that this would save a lot of time. When I was chatting with a customer service rep, she shared screenshots with the rollback feature available. I just assumed I had it as well but when I went to check it wasn't available to me for any imports. Is there a reason why this isn't available to us? And why would a CS rep tell me to use that feature if it isn't available to customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This option was available for us during Beta but was removed when it went live. I agree that this feature is really a time-saver. I also just learned last week that eventhough you contact Customer Support to rollback import/association, they wouldn't be able to do it if you selected the "update existing contacts" only versus "update and create new contacts".