HubSpot Ideas

Jake_Lett

Bulk change website domain and redirect

If your account has a secondary domain and you want to change the domain the only way to update the domain is page by page following this guide. What if you have hundreds of pages?

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-do-i-change-the-url-of-a-page

Please add the ability to migrate all content from one domain to another with one click.

HubSpot Updates
September 26, 2023 08:34 AM

@ADerbyshire This feature is used in CMS Hub to bulk update the domains of pages / posts on your website that is hosted with HubSpot. 

Delivered
September 26, 2023 06:45 AM

September 26, 2023 06:45 AM

Hi @ADerbyshire this is now live for everyone! 

August 07, 2023 07:43 AM

Hi @rix we still have this feature in private beta, so you may not be able to see the bulk editing yet unless your portal has been added to the beta. If you send me a private message with your portal information, I'm happy to help get you added to the beta. 

May 25, 2023 11:39 AM

Hi @Jnix284 yes I'll opt you in! I am going to add everyone in who expressed interest in this feature on this thread onto the private beta. I'll send you an email with more information. If you have any specific questions or requests you can also feel free to send me a message here. 

In Beta
May 25, 2023 10:27 AM

We have this feature in beta testing now! Would love to invite everyone who has commented or upvoted this feature to give it a try. 

In Planning
February 17, 2023 11:56 AM

Thank you for this feedback. The team is currently working on supporting bulk domain changes. We will keep this post updated as we can. 

31 Replies
kb-b3alliance

Agreed, this is helpful as you add more landing pages, thank you pages, emails, etc. - very hard to change manually otherwise.

If there was even a way to update at the List level, that would help as well.

It's far easier on the Blog side, where you're able to update the Blog URL under Settings > Website > Blog, but missing that functionality for these other content types.

hhawk
Contributor

a) we need that

b) would also be helpful if not already available to copy pages from one domain and clone them to a new domain.

User Story: We have 3 new pages that have been sucessfully tested on our staging environment. We now want to move them to production. We would like to select the 3 pages, select clone and then select the domain, and move them to that domain, with all other values remaining. 

AndréU
Participant | Gold Partner

I think, it is really funny, that a software which is known for marketing automation, does not have a feature to automatically change a secondary domain. We had to change 60 pages (in two languages) after we released the page...

Hey HubSpot, implement this "Bulk change website domain and redirect" asap.

BkT

I'm having the same issue. Do they not have batch or bulk website and blog domain rediret?

hhawk
Contributor

There are many redirect features.. and can be useful. But then you can end up with chains of redirects.. 

BkT

How do I change the slug domain and update each page with the old slug without doing it 1 by1? There has to to be faster way of doing this

Interaptiv

Just rolled out a site today and discovered after cutting over DNS that bulk "publishing" doesn't actually do anything and each page of an 83-page site we migrated from Wordpress had to be manually edited by hand. This needs to be fixed. Also, it's eleven clicks to change each page — there's no way to turn off the save-me-from-myself confirmation prompts — and once a page is edited and (re-)published, you're dumped onto some kind of overview page that I can't really see a purpose for rather than being taken back to the list of pages. Pretty unbelievably bad ux imo.

Jake_Lett
Guide | Partner

I ran into this again today and see this as a major downside compared to other CMS platforms like wordpress. What if you have a site with 100 or 1,000 pages?  

Select all the pages you want to change. Then a bulk edit button appears that will then let you edit the following properties:

1. Edit domain
  2. Edit template
  3. Edit campaign

BootstrapC_1-1639775491340.png

hhawk
Contributor

We could still use this! 

_al
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Yea this totally needs to happen and soon. It's such a hassle to launch a site....

Interaptiv

🙏

CagatayKiyici
Participant

This is such a burden when migrating a live website with many pages and multilingual (x2 - x3 copies of each page). We can not change the domain of pages before we connect the domain.  Whole team will have to change hundereds of pages one by one at 3AM 😞 For websites which are visited from all time zones, at least some of their customers will be greeted with 404 😞

If bulk domain update is a complicated feature, at least we should be able to chose a domain which is not connected to hubspot and set stagin there. We could start building the pages at the unconnected domain from the start. Others can always change the domains of their pages before connecting the domains.

Also, language slug and multilingual pages should be handled in a bulk domain update feature. Some sites may publish their other languages as content slugs (www.domain.com/en/ ) while others may prefer subdomains (en.domain.com, fr.domain.com etc.)

Interaptiv

Kinda blows my mind that Hubspot hasn't fixed this yet. And it affects larger customers disproportionately.

ANugent

Here is it two years later and nothing has been done about this? I just finished with a reverse proxy setup and had to manually change the domain for all the web-pages via an absurd process. The fact that HS customer support asked me to leave a comment here to hopefully provide motivation to the developer team tells me all that I need to know about hosting websites through HubSpot. 

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

I just finished processing 93 domain changes using content staging. It is a very time-consuming process to individually stage each page, change the domain, and then publish. In addition to bulk domain changes, also need bulk stage option. I want to stage these 50 LPs and modify them, then bulk publish. This would make it easier to manage updates across a large number of pages. 

toddfrankland1
Participant

Come on HubSpot. Show us all some love on this 🙂 Your competitors have the issue managed. We use your enterprise tier and I know you are trying to push into that space. This kind of block does not play out well in enterprise.

KYuen
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you for this feedback. The team is currently working on supporting bulk domain changes. We will keep this post updated as we can. 

secarroll
HubSpot Product Team

We have this feature in beta testing now! Would love to invite everyone who has commented or upvoted this feature to give it a try. 

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

@secarroll would love access to the beta, is there a sign up form or opt-in?

secarroll
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Jnix284 yes I'll opt you in! I am going to add everyone in who expressed interest in this feature on this thread onto the private beta. I'll send you an email with more information. If you have any specific questions or requests you can also feel free to send me a message here.