HubSpot Ideas

alivia

Attaching Offline contacts to a campaign

Hey,

We need to be able to attach contacts we upload to a campaign in Hubspot.

Let's face it, not many companies are 100% online, we all go to events and attend conferences where we get contacts, or even do hosted paid and are given lists of contacts (who have downloaded our content, not outbound).

Salesforce allows us to attach contacts to a campaign with a workflow, could be an idea.

It would also be useful to be able to attach contacts to a campaign for "deal source" purposes > when we send an MQL to an SDR, they get in touch, and the person forwards them to someone else in th company, so we can also attach that person to the source campaign!

Because I don't have this posisbility, I have created a set of altnerate custom sources to track my marketing activities ROI and it is not fun.

Please find a way of doing this!

Cheers,

Alivia

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
January 16, 2023 03:46 AM

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jenny Mueller and I am the Product Manager of Campaigns since last year.

I have changed the status of this request to 'in Planning', meaning that the team and I are working on a solution for you, available within the next couple of months. Once we have more precise beta launch dates to share, I will post another update in here. In that update, I will also share a link to a survey that enables you sign up for the early beta of the feature so you can provide any feedback. 

If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know. 

Best regards,

Jenny Mueller 

154 Replies
CDanielson
Contributor

Our Sales rep just got back from a conference and has several business cards/leads that we would like to manually add to HubSpot and relate to the event campaign (we had sent emails, blogs, etc. in advance); however, understand there is no way to do so manually. I think it  makes sense to be able to manually add a lead and relate it to an existing campaign. 

beckie

I'd like to be able to associate a list of contacs we've imported with a campaign. This would be a great way to improve organization/tracking ROI of offline campaigns such as events.

rohanpai

Currently, when you build a smart list. You can filter contacts by "Campaign ID" - one campaign at a time.

It would be great if there was a option to select "Contains" as the filter.

In that case we could standardize on naming convections for campaigns in Salesforce and use "Contains"="*webinar*" as the filter to include all past (and future) webinar campaigns.

emmah

I have a list of webinar attendees and survey responses that go along with a campaign we are tracking in Hubspot. It would be really great to add these contacts to the campaign. 

CDanielson
Contributor

If you use GoToWebina for webinars - then you can add a connector to HubSpot and automatically track attendance and relate to a campaign (I think!!!). 

emmah

It was a webinar done in partnership with a compnay we advertise with and they used zoom. So unfortunately, that's not an option for us. 

Wschutt

It would be very helpful for us to associate lists with certain campaigns, as nearly all of our lists are created in conjunction with event campaigns. Our team would greatly appreciate the addition of this feature, as it would help us to better organize our events.

mikeusry

I agree with this request.  There are SO MANY instances when adding to campaigns outside of the current scope would be beneficial.  Special events, tradeshows, networking and third-party tools such as FB Messenger, intercom chats etc.

AnastasiaSG

It would be very helpfull to be able to create a list based on a campaign. For instance, if several emails are part of a campaign, creating a list of all those emails would permit to create workflows based on clicks in those emails.

mark-franken
Participant

Ditto, ditto, ditto. This is incredibly frustrating for me and almost makes me regret my HubSpot decision. Offline sources should be further defined to include common items like events and webinars and let you attach contacts to campaigns via list uploads. So frustrating!!!

alivia
Contributor

As an update on this issue - the only workaround that we have found so far is to develop a custom webapp that uses the hubspot API to take contacts from a google spreadsheet and submit them to a form on a landing page specially created for each upload, so we can attach contacts to a campaign.

This was a lot of work for an issue that seems like it's very common so should be handled by the product!!!

Cheers

PS: If you're interested in this solution, let me know!

mark-franken
Participant

Yes, I would be interested in learning more Alivia. You can email me at mark.franken@foghorn.io.

Thanks!

CDanielson
Contributor

The only thing we have done as a workaround is to create a custom landing page (e.g. for LinkedIn contacts, tradeshows, etc.) and then manually add contacts to this landing page (we had to remove the blocking of our internal IP so we could do this). It's worked ok but it's not preferred.

mark-franken
Participant

That is a thought. I wouldn't want to input all data this way, but I assume you could do a list upload and then just manually fill out a form using only the e-mail address in order to attribute them to a campaign. That can still be a lot of work for larger lists. Thanks for sharing this.

CDanielson
Contributor

I agree. It works well for smaller lists.

mark-franken
Participant

One other solution, although not ideal, is to send imported contacts through a workflow. It doesn't matter what the workflow does. If the workflow is associated to a campaign, you can get contacts associated.   The problem is they come in as an influenced contact vs. new contact (first touch.)

jteumer
Participant

Agreed! This would be incredibly beneficial to our team for organization purposes as most of our lists are centered around campaigns, such as RSVP and invitation lists for events.

BethiQ

This seems like such a no-brainer. I'm tired of running into instances where we can't associate certain activities with a campaign and therefore the campaign report in HubSpot is always an incomplete picture. With all HubSpot's talk about multi-channel, integrated campaigns, lacking this ability seems like such a bad miss. Let's fix this! 

IsaMarelly

I agree. When we create a campaign associated to a tradeshow, we send pre-show email shots but at the show we gathered new leads that must be then uploaded to Hubspot and associated to the campaign. For the time being all the leads gatherred at the shows are not associated to any campaign and so are not included in the statistics/report of the event campaign. As a matter of fact, the tracking is impossible.

Court_CDS

This is hugely inconvenient in regards to the attribution of what marketing activity, other than digital, is generating leads.  I would like to see Hubspot focus on this ASAP.   Marketing isn't just inbound but the entire Marketing mix which includes plenty of offline activity (events, etc).  Thanks for focusing on this Hubspot!