HubSpot Ideas

JGlade

Adding 'Content Staging' to the Menu

I think it would be helpful to add 'Content Staging' to the Marketing/Website sub-menu (see attachment). It's combersome to have to navigate through the menu to website pages, wait for the page to load, then click on the 'More Tools' drop down and finally click on Content Staging.

Making a 4 click process into 2 seems more efficient and user friendly.

9 Replies
antidote71
Participant | Platinum Partner

I appreciate you mocking it up for them. You'd think this could be implemented by the weekend. 

JGlade
Participant | Platinum Partner

If you're tired of waiting for a solution there's this Chrome extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hubspot-developer-extensi/gebemkdecnlgbcanplbgdpcffpdnfdfo...) that can add a whole 'Dev' menu to your HubSpot portal.

Jarrick
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is needed when we create websites for clients that are new to HubSpot. The "More Tools" menu doesn't show up in new portals until we create a webpage, so there is no way to even get to the staging area until we create a fake page that has to be deleted later. As far as I know, Content Staging is the only area in the tool that is not available in the navigation.

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone. I am the PM for Discovery (Navigation, Notifications, Search) at Hubspot and I have informed the team that owns Content Staging about this idea. I will update here on if we can do this and how much time it would take. Sorry for the delay in acknowleding and thanks for pointing this out @JGlade 

NazzMohammad
HubSpot Product Team

Hey everyone. I have an update for you. The team will be rethinking the Content Staging tool and therefore, we will hold off on currently adding this to the Navigation Menu.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

I'm excited to see what's coming for Content Staging, but in the meantime, it seems easy enough to add the link to the menu so we can all access it quickly and easily without having to create dummy pages or go through a 4 click process. 

I also remember a time when HubDB was not buried in this menu either. Not sure when or why that changed.

Jnix284_0-1659362856410.png

KYuen
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Jnix284! Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. As @NazzMohammad mentioned, we are reevaluating the Content Staging tool and therefore, we plan to hold off on moving the access point for now. As we make updates and changes we will definitely update this post.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Thanks for the update @KYuen , appreciate you taking the time to respond. 🙂

My main concern around it being buried in this menu is less about convenience (I have it bookmarked), but our agency is a theme developer and we see countless customers building and migrating their sites using the page editor because they don't know Content Staging exists or where to find it, they weren't part of the CMS Hub onboarding for their team, etc. We've also had some express concern that they'll mess something up with their live site, which is very counterintuitive as to how Content Staging functions compared to website pages.

Really looking forward to seeing how Content Staging evolves!

KYuen
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you for this additional context @Jnix284 ! We'll definitely keep this in mind as we continue to make improvements.