HubSpot Ideas

NSimm

Add ability to compare custom date ranges in Analytics Tools

To compare custom date ranges currently, for example comparing Apr-Jun to Jan-March 2022, you can either create a custom report on a dashboard or you have to open two windows with different date ranges selected and manually compare the data. 

Adding functionality to compare custom date ranges within analytics tools for sessions, landing pages and website pages etc. will allow you to quickly spot trends.

This is easy to do in GA and is really useful when it comes to seeing how data reacts to different marketing events or campaigns, Google updates and website changes, but it's harder to spot these trends in HubSpot Analytics with the current functionality. 

Current compare periods are fixed and can't be customisedCurrent compare periods are fixed and can't be customised

3 Replies
Jmarchy
Participant | Diamond Partner

I agree this is really important 

DDewhirst
Participant

Upvoted, this is basic but important analytics functionality for which I shouldn't have to write a custom report

MGonzales2
Participant

It's sad that only a few people have requested this ability. It really degrades my opinion of so many marketers and their need for good insights. lol. The ability to use custom dates for comparison reporting in analytics seems like a very basic function—especially if you're more interested in a time versus time report, not a simply trending MoM report. Example: Sometimes we need to know how we performed Q1 20XX vs Q1 20XX. Sometimes we need to know how we did Spring vs Winter. We don't always need to know trending.