HubSpot Academy Support

TKP
Participant

Wrong exam score due to ambiguity in learning materials

SOLVE

Hello,

I just finished the Inbound Certification with a score of one point less than I believe I should have been awarded.

For the question What's the maximum number of top priorities a company should have at any given time?, the learning materials provide contradicting information. The speaker on the video says a company "...can set 1-5 priorities..." while the video displays a quote from Verne Harnish stating, "No [one] can focus on...more than 5 or 6 priorities...". Fully remembering this ambiguity, I was basically resolved to flipping a coin to decide which answer to use in the exam question. The coin didn't flip in my favor.

I'd be very happy for HubSpot to update my exam score to reflect this chance wrong answer. I would also suggest HubSpot review the exam wording to rule out having to guess which of the alternative choices provided by HubSpot in the learning materials should be used as the "correct" answer.

Thanks!

1 Accepted solution
JorieMunroe
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @TKP,

Thank you for the feedback!

I've flagged this question for the team to review in the next audit to ensure we're removing a much ambiguity as possible for our users.

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way we can update your score, but as @Josh mentioned, you could indeed retake the exam to get the additional point on your end. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JorieMunroe
Solution
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

SOLVE

Hi @TKP,

Thank you for the feedback!

I've flagged this question for the team to review in the next audit to ensure we're removing a much ambiguity as possible for our users.

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way we can update your score, but as @Josh mentioned, you could indeed retake the exam to get the additional point on your end. 

Thanks!

TKP
Participant

SOLVE

I did expect responses to be along the lines of what @JorieMunroe  and @Josh have kindly and swiftly provided. The path of least resistance at this point is to not worry about 1 pt nor retake the test. To me it's a matter of principle that mistakes are corrected by the party responsible for the mistakes, and that certainly also feeds into the user experience.

Thanks for flagging this for review at the next audit, Jorie. I would also suggest HubSpot consider implementing a system for updating scores in situations such as this. I hesitate to click the Accept as Solution button, as my problem will remain unresolved, but I understand there's no need to perpetuate this thread further. In any case, thanks to all for responding!

0 Upvotes
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @TKP,

Thank you for sharing that. In my history of certifications, I've definitely experienced things like this in the past.

I believe you might get your desired result of a passing score quicker by retaking the test. Probably not what you want to hear, but it is likely the path of least resistance for a short-term solution. I'm sure the academy team will take the feedback, but I am not sure they will change your current test results.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

TKP
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, @Josh . Please see my response to Jorie.

0 Upvotes