Dashboards & Reporting

kbaine
Participant

Reports reopen after I customize an existing report

I'm experiencing a barrier when I customize a current report. Once I'm done making changes and exit, it's reopening the same report which is not needed and takes time to close out. It is not a good user experience. can this functionality be removed if it was done on purpose or am I experiencing some kind of glitch?

4 Replies 4
kbaine
Participant

Thank you Dan! 🙏 I really appreciate your time on this. It's not quite addressing the need but maybe I'm just not using things the intended way. There are times i need to customize an existing report outside of the filters available when I view and filter. So I select Customize. Then if I select update existing report, I'm still in customization, and have to exit. And that's when it reopens the report rather than just returning to the dashboard.

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@kbaine when you go to the report and hit "customize," does it take you to a window where you make your changes, then give you an option to "save" ? That's how it should work. Then it goes into your reports library (Reports > Reports) and you can also add it to a dashboard. 

If that's not happening, could you share a screen recording (via Loom maybe) so we can see the experience? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kbaine
Participant

danmoyle

Thanks @kbaine. When you make your changes, can you "update existing report" or "save as new report" on the bottom of that report? That would save your changes. 

Here's what I'm thinking:

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/