Dashboards & Reporting

eschriger510

Pulling activity details into a weekly pipeline update

SOLVE

Hi,

New post. Tried to see if I could find something related and couldn't so apoligies in advance if I'm repetetive.

I'm trying to build out a pipeline table that displays details about last and next activity details related to a deal.

I can see elements of activity detail in the ACTIVITY ENTITY but I can't relate them to a DEAL.

I'm looking for

DEAL NAME | STAGE| Last Activity Date|Last Activity Type|Next Activity Date| Next Activity Type| Next Step

(there are other attributes I can find related to the deal but I'm not having problems with those.

Here are my whys.  I've highlighted the properties I can't relate to the deal (and if I start with ACTIVITY, I can't relate the deal properties to the ACTIVITY)

• Deal Name - because I want to know who the deal is for/description
  • Stage - because I want to know what stage of the pipeline the deal is in
  • Last Activity Date - I want do know the last time we had interaction with the prospect on this deal
  • Last Activity Type - are we meeting, calling or just emailing?
  • Next Activity - when do we expect to talk to the prospect again?
  • Next Activity Type - are we meeting, calling or just emailing
  • Next Step - what is the objective of the next activity

You can clearly see my concern is my sales team is depending on email to move their opportunities along and they are avoiding having real conversations with their prospects.  I manage a services business that is relationship based - email doesn't cut it.   If I'm seeing stuck deals and they're not getting on the phone and meeting their prospects, I need to identify those deals and address the issue.

Any help or ideas here would be appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @eschriger510,

Unfortunately, this is not possible, at least not that I'm aware of. Reports across multiple objects (deals + activities) don't let you specify that you would like to see the last and next by date.

The closest you can currently get with a workaround would be displaying all activities from a date range, rolling, e.g. last two weeks and upcoming two weeks, associated to deals. This is probably best visualized in a pivot table.

If your main concern is that your sales reps are not making calls, you could approach this a bit differently even, e.g. simply displaying the number of activities by type per deal. This would also give you the information whether they are picking up the phone or not:

karstenkoehler_0-1675494430384.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @eschriger510,

Unfortunately, this is not possible, at least not that I'm aware of. Reports across multiple objects (deals + activities) don't let you specify that you would like to see the last and next by date.

The closest you can currently get with a workaround would be displaying all activities from a date range, rolling, e.g. last two weeks and upcoming two weeks, associated to deals. This is probably best visualized in a pivot table.

If your main concern is that your sales reps are not making calls, you could approach this a bit differently even, e.g. simply displaying the number of activities by type per deal. This would also give you the information whether they are picking up the phone or not:

karstenkoehler_0-1675494430384.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

eschriger510

SOLVE

I don't know if I would call this a solution.

You told me what I need can't be done.

I'm not looking for a visualization (your workaround).

So. Thank you for the answer.  It didn't resolve my issue.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @eschriger510,

The community managers consider this thread solved insofar as it is currently fully answered. Using the tools that are at the moment available, I would also consider this the best solution.

Sometimes with HubSpot, as with other tools, too, there are limits to what can be done. In HubSpot, the way that report builder is designed simply does not allow for what you're asking for exactly. However, there are various workarounds. Have you looked into what I proposed?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler