Content Strategy & SEO

OliviaB
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How to attribute contacts from offline sources" to “influenced contacts" in a HubSpot campaign

SOLVE

Very often you may be running a campaign in Hubspot and need to attribute contacts you already have in your database to that campaign or attribute contacts who may have slipped through the cracks. 

In these cases, you can leverage workflows to make sure that these contacts appear in your campaign metrics. 

Step 1

Create a list of the contacts you want to attribute to the campaign. This can be active or static. 

Step 2

Create a workflow that uses the ‘list membership’ filter as an enrollment trigger and select your desired list. The point of the workflow is simply to enroll contacts so the action that you chose does not really matter. 

In my sample I have chosen to add them to the static list they are already a part of. However, in some cases, you may want to create a custom property called something like ‘original campaign’ and set the value for this as the name of the campaign you are adding them to. 

screeshot of workflow for camapign.png

Step 3: 

Add the workflow to your campaign as an asset.

2020-05-01 10_53_25-Campaigns _ HubSpot.png

Step 4: 

Turn on the workflow and you will see the contacts on this list now appearing in your campaign metrics.

2020_05_01_10_56_04_Campaigns_HubSpot.png

**If you need to add individual contacts to the workflow you can also use the ‘enroll’ button in the workflow to manually enroll individual contacts. This overrides the ‘list membership’ enrollment criteria. 

1 Accepted solution
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

How to attribute contacts from offline sources" to “influenced contacts" in a HubSpot campaign

SOLVE

I see that you can now add static lists to a campaign - which I assume solves this problem and is a far better solution to this. Love this update which I saw today for the first time 🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
MatthieuDumont
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Nicole,

I have added my static list to my campaign however, the revenues attributed to my campaign is still 0. I know that the static list does not count as revenue attribution however is there a way, to say that this list count for revenue attribution of this campaign? 

One of the contact of this list closed a deal so my number of influenced  contacts is correct  but the revenue attributed is 0 even though I have closed won... 

NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I see that you can now add static lists to a campaign - which I assume solves this problem and is a far better solution to this. Love this update which I saw today for the first time 🙂

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
IsaMarelly

SOLVE

Hi,

This is still not a good solution because it doesn't update the "First Touch campaign" field. So even if you do that you won't know which campaign generated this new leads.

I still think that this is not acceptable that a company like Hubspot doesn't work on this as a priority.

This means that we cannot have a full tracking of the leads on Hubspot.

We pointed out this problem a long time ago and you promised to work on it and deliver it by the end of last year. Still waiting!!!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @IsaMarelly ,

Thank you for your feedback!

Could you share the idea post in the Ideas Forum or Community post where you/or other Community member talked about the feature suggestion? I will be happy to take a look and see what is the status.

0 Upvotes
Alex_Sevenval
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @natsumimori

this idea already exists in the idea forum for a long time: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Attaching-Offline-contacts-to-a-campaign/idi-p/176902

Adding these contacts to " Influenced Contacts" does not solve this problem. It's important for us to see how many new leads were generated within a campaign, whether from HubSpot forms, external sources or offline sources. 

@OliviaB If there is a way to add contacts to "New contacts" within a campaign, please let us know. Without this feature the HubSpot campaign analytics are basically useless for us. We need to monitor our campaigns through all channels, not just within HubSpot. 

Please raise awareness of this issue in your company. 

Thank you and best regards

Alex

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Alex_Sevenval ,

Thanks for sharing the link and your feedback!

As @OliviaB mentioned, we updated the title of this post to avoid future confusion. This tips is what we can do within the current limitation and cannot add contacts to "new contacts". 

I will let the Ideas Forum team knows that we had this conversation apart from the original idea post

Thank you Alex!

OliviaB
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Alex_Sevenval  !

I am afraid there is no way to attribute contacts to 'new contacts' on an active campaign. I have updated the title of this post to be more specific as to the end result of the workaround. 

Regards, 

Olivia 

0 Upvotes