Account & Settings

JT90
Participant

Will I have to paid for the accidentally added seat for rest of year?

SOLVE

Hi there,

First of all, I love HubSpot more than any other CRM system. I persuaded our team to use HubSpot when we were choosing a CRM system. However, my recent experiences have not been very positive.

We signed a contract for 3 Sales Hub Pro seats for one year. A few days ago, I accidentally added one more seat.

Just one day later, I realized it was a mistake and contacted HubSpot customer support immediately.

The answer I received was that I have to keep the additional seat until the one-year contract renewal.

This mandatory charge is really unacceptable to me. I didn’t ask to cancel the contracted seats, just the one I mistakenly added.

I don’t understand how HubSpot expects to achieve customer “success” with such practices.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jonas_De_Mets
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @JT90,

Theoretically HubSpot is probably not obliged to refund you the extra seat. 

But I think you should be able to get a refund. Try to get in touch with your "Growth Consultant" or Account Manager for your account and share them this message. Pretty sure they will be able to help you.

Good luck!

Jonas De Mets
RevOps & Co-Founder @ Koalify

Connect via LinkedIn

Did my reply help answer your question? Please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jonas_De_Mets
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @JT90,

Theoretically HubSpot is probably not obliged to refund you the extra seat. 

But I think you should be able to get a refund. Try to get in touch with your "Growth Consultant" or Account Manager for your account and share them this message. Pretty sure they will be able to help you.

Good luck!

Jonas De Mets

Connect via LinkedIn

JT90
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Jonas, The Hubspot Contract department helps to solve this. They don't provide refund, but still acceptable. After all, I don't have to pay the rest of the year for this unused Pro seat. 

0 Upvotes
Jonas_De_Mets
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@JT90 glad you were able to resolve this issue! Now you can go back to loving HubSpot 😅

Jonas De Mets

Connect via LinkedIn

0 Upvotes