APIs & Integrations

User shows as unknown contact in Feedback Surveys

- how can I set the details of user in Feedback Survey as User is showing as Unknown contact.

4555_0-1675662200593.png

- how can I bind an email programatically in feedback survey if user didnot enter the email or close the survey without filling email.

var _hsq = window._hsq = window._hsq || []; 
_hsq.push(["identify",{ email: "user.email@email.com" }]);
_hsq.push(['trackPageView']);

i tried this tracking code api but its not working for me, any idea how can I bind email programatically with this feedback

4555_0-1675662111723.png

11 Replies 11
SAlothman
Participant

any updates on this ?? im having the same exact issue

0 Upvotes
KKubala

Hello! What I was told was you cannot use the survey LINK feature unless you also ask for them to fill out their email address. I'm going to switch back to just running surveys as an EMAIL to avoid this issue. It doesn't make sense to me since we sent the survey link to their email so I don't understand why it won't track the exact respondent. 

0 Upvotes
SAlothman
Participant

- we got it somehow to work by updating _hsq email as in the OP, however 

its not working well for some reason when we delete all cookies upon signout (incluing all cookies of hubspot) and then sign in with a different user and submit the survey it updates the previuos user's email !, i suspect there is an association by IP Adress as well or something

0 Upvotes
KKubala

Was there any resolution here? I'm getting the same thing in my feedback surveys. Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @4555. Thanks for reaching out. Please refrain from creating more than one post for the same issue. I'll merge your previous post into this one so all your details are centralized here. 

Hey, @JBeatty @tominal @nikodev, do you have any experience here? The documentation doesn't seem to point to a direct solution, and I am curious if y'all have any thoughts? Or if this one falls under not currently possible in your experience?

Thank you for taking a look! — Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes

any update ....?

0 Upvotes

how can I set the details of user in Feedback Survey as User is showing as Unknown contact.

- any possibility I can set it like hsConversationsSettings

4555_1-1674826735528.png

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @4555 👋 I don't have an immediate solution. Looking at previous support tickets for this issue (or similar issues) is that the “unknown” contacts surveys are collected where there isn't an existing contact and an email address isn't collected earlier in the flow. Which leaves the tracking cookie with noting to associate. Is this similar to your use case/situation?

Can you add any additional details? 

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
ATeall
Participant

We sent a survey to a contact list, and several respondents appear as Unknown Contact. Curious why this would happen if we sent the survey to known customers.

0 Upvotes

how can I bind an email programatically in feedback survey if user didnot enter the email or close the survey without filling email.

var _hsq = window._hsq = window._hsq || [];
_hsq.push(["identify",{
    email: "user.email@email.com"
}]);

i tried this tracking code api but its not working for me, any idea how can I bind email programatically with this feedback

4555_0-1675103428459.png

any update ...?