APIs & Integrations

PSquad

Integrate an app with multiple accounts.

SOLVE

Hello everyone!

I'm facing an issue here.

I've created an app and I have integrated it with a Test HubspotAccount while I was developing the app . 

I have my backend  that get info from HS account and creates deals, etc.. Everything working fine. But now I have installed the HS app on the production HS account and I have no idea how to differenciate on accounts that have my app installed. 😨.

So how I can differenciate which account I get information from or which account I create a deal in 🙈

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
tominal
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @PSquad,

I would recommend that you create a separate developer app only installed to your test account. You can then create another developer app for production only. This will get you two separate client IDs and secrets. One pair goes to your local environment and the other to your production server.

I am sure there is another way of checking the payload to determine the HubSpot account, but the above method is easier and allows you to focus on your integration more than where the request came from.

Hope that helps!

Thomas Johnson
Community Champion

Kahu Software LLC
A Texan HubSpot consulting firm
https://kahusoftware.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
tominal
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @PSquad,

I would recommend that you create a separate developer app only installed to your test account. You can then create another developer app for production only. This will get you two separate client IDs and secrets. One pair goes to your local environment and the other to your production server.

I am sure there is another way of checking the payload to determine the HubSpot account, but the above method is easier and allows you to focus on your integration more than where the request came from.

Hope that helps!

Thomas Johnson
Community Champion

Kahu Software LLC
A Texan HubSpot consulting firm
https://kahusoftware.com