APIs & Integrations

bengavin

Contact Import - Set hs_marketable_status

I'm currently running into an issue where when I import a contact that already exists, the 'marketing status' is being set to either true/false (depending on the import request marketableContactImport flag). 

My current workaround attempt for this is to set the marketableContactImport flag on the request to false, specify 'skipIfKnownColumn' on the 'hs_marketable_status' column mapping and finally specify the 'hs_marketable_status' property as true for all outgoing records.  This -appears- to avoid changing existing user's flags, however, new users are NOT created at all, and I'm seeing errors like 'Property value 'true' isn't valid (from column 'hs_marketable_status')' in the downloaded error file. The error download also has all the boolean fields set to uppercase, which seems strange, as the property definition looks to expect lowercase values.

So something about this approach is not correct / supported. Is there some better option I'm missing?  This isn't an issue when we use the standard batch based contact updates, but those are too slow for my use case.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
EPosa

Hi @bengavin,

You can try importing custom fields using a data migration service. Help Desk Migration (an official HubSpot App partner) supports a range of HubSpot entities, including the contact custom fields, and you can import a piece of data for free to see how it works.

0 Upvotes
bengavin

EDIT:  Follow-up update - After further investigation, this may only effect 'new' records flowing in as part of the import process.  The error still remains, but it's not effecting every instance of the 'true' value.

As an update, we are actually seeing errors with all of our 'boolean' (single checkbox) fields on import if the field is set to 'true'.  We have a number of custom boolean fields, and it looks like any record which contains a 'true' value for these custom fields is failing to import ('false' records seem to import just fine).

Is there a bug in import processing for these field types, or is there some other value I should be using when the checkbox should be checked?

Thanks!

Ben

0 Upvotes
bengavin

Yes, that's correct, specifically the v3 CRM imports endpoint(s).

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bengavin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Just to confirm - I believe you're working with the CRM API?

I'll move your questions to our API board to make sure it gets visibility from the right experts: 

Hi @DanielSanchez@himanshurauthan@LPM do you have any thoughts on this? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes