APIs & Integrations

DSharma01
Participant

Coloring / Styling in CRM Cards created from CRM Development Tools BETA UI Extension

SOLVE
I had a couple of questions to ask regarding UI Extensions developed through CRM Development BETA. In my case I have created a CRM Card Extension containing a table.

1.  Can we add Color/Styling to the Table Cell based on cell values. I went through the documentations and community posts as well but it seems there are no props available for Styling/Color in the set of Components allowed in UI extensions. 

2.  While adding secrets to Development Sandbox account using "hs secrets add" in CLI. The CLI asks for granting all scopes required, but no details are given about which scopes are required for adding secrets in documentations.

It would be great to just have some action points or guidance on these points.

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bob2245
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Coloring / Styling in CRM Cards created from CRM Development Tools BETA UI Extension

SOLVE
  1. I don't think that you can - the components and props available to you are kept relatively limited with a reason: to keep styling and look & feel uniform across the CRM. I don't see HubSpot opening this up any time soon for that reason, but who knows.
  2. The hs secrets add command should not ask for any scopes, as none are required to create secrets. You set the scopes of a private app, either in the app.json file or in the HubSpot interface, but not through the secret. I'd say make sure you're in the project's root folder and you've got the right hs account selected. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Bob2245
Solution

SOLVE
  1. I don't think that you can - the components and props available to you are kept relatively limited with a reason: to keep styling and look & feel uniform across the CRM. I don't see HubSpot opening this up any time soon for that reason, but who knows.
  2. The hs secrets add command should not ask for any scopes, as none are required to create secrets. You set the scopes of a private app, either in the app.json file or in the HubSpot interface, but not through the secret. I'd say make sure you're in the project's root folder and you've got the right hs account selected. 
DSharma01
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @Bob2245 for the quick response.

1. Yes, you are right on this. As of now there no props available for this and the product management team also confirmed with same reason. I hope they allow this in near future with some restrictions or only for some props values in certain components.
  2. I was in project root directory while performing this command but the scopes were updated by me for testing in development sandbox, once I ran "hs auth" and synced the production scopes with sandbox account through my Personal Access Key, the secrets were added successfully.
0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DSharma01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Great questions! I will check internally for you and get back to you as soon as possible about this.

In the meantime, I'd be happy to put you in touch with some other Community Members: Hi @CClark04, @VRandima, @Bob2245 and @chrismcgovern20 do you use the CRM customization cards from the CRM Development tools Beta? If yes, do you have tips to share with @DSharma01, please?

Thank you so much and have a fantastic day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
DSharma01
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, @BérangèreL , for mentioning my post and bringing it to the attention of other developers.

0 Upvotes